Mar 18, 2014, 1:10 AM EDT
It’s not very often you see a player take a slap shot, break their stick … and still score. That’s what Jason Pominville of the Minnesota Wild did Monday night.
His stick shattered toward the blade as he leaned into a slap shot in the second period of Monday’s game against the Boston Bruins. His shot beat Tuukka Rask on the short side, off the post and in. The blade of his stick, no longer attached to the shaft, went flying against the end boards.
For the Wild, it was one of their only highlights of the game, as they lost to the Bruins, a team that has now won nine consecutive games.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21