Mar 18, 2014, 1:10 AM EDT
It’s not very often you see a player take a slap shot, break their stick … and still score. That’s what Jason Pominville of the Minnesota Wild did Monday night.
His stick shattered toward the blade as he leaned into a slap shot in the second period of Monday’s game against the Boston Bruins. His shot beat Tuukka Rask on the short side, off the post and in. The blade of his stick, no longer attached to the shaft, went flying against the end boards.
For the Wild, it was one of their only highlights of the game, as they lost to the Bruins, a team that has now won nine consecutive games.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 10
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 36
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12