Mar 18, 2014, 1:10 AM EST
It’s not very often you see a player take a slap shot, break their stick … and still score. That’s what Jason Pominville of the Minnesota Wild did Monday night.
His stick shattered toward the blade as he leaned into a slap shot in the second period of Monday’s game against the Boston Bruins. His shot beat Tuukka Rask on the short side, off the post and in. The blade of his stick, no longer attached to the shaft, went flying against the end boards.
For the Wild, it was one of their only highlights of the game, as they lost to the Bruins, a team that has now won nine consecutive games.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54