Mar 18, 2014, 10:23 PM EDT
Thomas Vanek managed just one assist in his first five games with the Montreal Canadiens, but he likely silenced any critics in a big way on Tuesday (and soiled Patrick Roy’s coaching debut in Montreal in the process).
Vanek generated his first goal and hat trick with the Habs as Montreal exploded with a 4-1 third period to beat the Colorado Avalanche 6-3 tonight. The 30-year-old scored the game-winner and the 5-3 insurance tally before an empty-netter gave Montreal three unanswered goals.
Here’s each clip from Vanek’s hat trick:
The Canadiens are now on a three-game winning streak, with Carey Price grabbing two of those victories. (That last part probably matters most to Montreal.)
If this is Jean-Sebastien Giguere‘s final game in Montreal, it didn’t finish very well, as he allowed five goals on 35 shots (and three on 12 in the final frame). The rest of Tuesday’s action will determine if this burns a little extra for Patrick Roy, as the Chicago Blackhawks are also in action.
- Armstrong: ‘Let’s live to fight another day’ 0
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 17
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 8
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 39
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 38
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)