Mar 18, 2014, 10:23 PM EDT
Thomas Vanek managed just one assist in his first five games with the Montreal Canadiens, but he likely silenced any critics in a big way on Tuesday (and soiled Patrick Roy’s coaching debut in Montreal in the process).
Vanek generated his first goal and hat trick with the Habs as Montreal exploded with a 4-1 third period to beat the Colorado Avalanche 6-3 tonight. The 30-year-old scored the game-winner and the 5-3 insurance tally before an empty-netter gave Montreal three unanswered goals.
Here’s each clip from Vanek’s hat trick:
The Canadiens are now on a three-game winning streak, with Carey Price grabbing two of those victories. (That last part probably matters most to Montreal.)
If this is Jean-Sebastien Giguere‘s final game in Montreal, it didn’t finish very well, as he allowed five goals on 35 shots (and three on 12 in the final frame). The rest of Tuesday’s action will determine if this burns a little extra for Patrick Roy, as the Chicago Blackhawks are also in action.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)