Mar 18, 2014, 10:23 PM EST
Thomas Vanek managed just one assist in his first five games with the Montreal Canadiens, but he likely silenced any critics in a big way on Tuesday (and soiled Patrick Roy’s coaching debut in Montreal in the process).
Vanek generated his first goal and hat trick with the Habs as Montreal exploded with a 4-1 third period to beat the Colorado Avalanche 6-3 tonight. The 30-year-old scored the game-winner and the 5-3 insurance tally before an empty-netter gave Montreal three unanswered goals.
Here’s each clip from Vanek’s hat trick:
The Canadiens are now on a three-game winning streak, with Carey Price grabbing two of those victories. (That last part probably matters most to Montreal.)
If this is Jean-Sebastien Giguere‘s final game in Montreal, it didn’t finish very well, as he allowed five goals on 35 shots (and three on 12 in the final frame). The rest of Tuesday’s action will determine if this burns a little extra for Patrick Roy, as the Chicago Blackhawks are also in action.
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 27
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)