Mar 18, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Devils go back to Brodeur
Martin Brodeur will make his second consecutive start on Tuesday night when the Devils host the Bruins.
Brodeur allowed three goals on 32 shots in a 3-0 loss to Tampa Bay on Saturday, but has been very good over his last five outings, going 4-1-0 with a .913 save percentage. It’s interesting to see Devils head coach Peter DeBoer go with the veteran Brodeur over Cory Schneider in this game, though, as New Jersey is clinging to its playoff hopes and desperate for a win to snap its two-game losing skid.
No word yet on who Boston will start in goal. Tuukka Rask stopped 33 of 34 shots faced in last night’s 4-1 win over the Wild.
Raanta goes vs. Philly
Raanta has been good this season but his opportunities have been limited — he hasn’t played since stopping 26 of 29 shots in a 3-2 loss to another Central rival, Colorado, last Wednesday.
For the Flyers, Ray Emery will get the start in goal, giving him a shot to go up against his former Blackhawk mates. It’ll be Emery’s first game action since Feb. 27.
Avs at Habs: J.S. Giguere vs. Carey Price
Sabres at Flames: Nathan Lieuwen vs. Joni Ortio
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)