Mar 18, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Devils go back to Brodeur
Martin Brodeur will make his second consecutive start on Tuesday night when the Devils host the Bruins.
Brodeur allowed three goals on 32 shots in a 3-0 loss to Tampa Bay on Saturday, but has been very good over his last five outings, going 4-1-0 with a .913 save percentage. It’s interesting to see Devils head coach Peter DeBoer go with the veteran Brodeur over Cory Schneider in this game, though, as New Jersey is clinging to its playoff hopes and desperate for a win to snap its two-game losing skid.
No word yet on who Boston will start in goal. Tuukka Rask stopped 33 of 34 shots faced in last night’s 4-1 win over the Wild.
Raanta goes vs. Philly
Raanta has been good this season but his opportunities have been limited — he hasn’t played since stopping 26 of 29 shots in a 3-2 loss to another Central rival, Colorado, last Wednesday.
For the Flyers, Ray Emery will get the start in goal, giving him a shot to go up against his former Blackhawk mates. It’ll be Emery’s first game action since Feb. 27.
Avs at Habs: J.S. Giguere vs. Carey Price
Sabres at Flames: Nathan Lieuwen vs. Joni Ortio
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 70
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5