Mar 18, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Devils go back to Brodeur
Martin Brodeur will make his second consecutive start on Tuesday night when the Devils host the Bruins.
Brodeur allowed three goals on 32 shots in a 3-0 loss to Tampa Bay on Saturday, but has been very good over his last five outings, going 4-1-0 with a .913 save percentage. It’s interesting to see Devils head coach Peter DeBoer go with the veteran Brodeur over Cory Schneider in this game, though, as New Jersey is clinging to its playoff hopes and desperate for a win to snap its two-game losing skid.
No word yet on who Boston will start in goal. Tuukka Rask stopped 33 of 34 shots faced in last night’s 4-1 win over the Wild.
Raanta goes vs. Philly
Raanta has been good this season but his opportunities have been limited — he hasn’t played since stopping 26 of 29 shots in a 3-2 loss to another Central rival, Colorado, last Wednesday.
For the Flyers, Ray Emery will get the start in goal, giving him a shot to go up against his former Blackhawk mates. It’ll be Emery’s first game action since Feb. 27.
Avs at Habs: J.S. Giguere vs. Carey Price
Sabres at Flames: Nathan Lieuwen vs. Joni Ortio
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40