Mar 18, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Devils go back to Brodeur
Martin Brodeur will make his second consecutive start on Tuesday night when the Devils host the Bruins.
Brodeur allowed three goals on 32 shots in a 3-0 loss to Tampa Bay on Saturday, but has been very good over his last five outings, going 4-1-0 with a .913 save percentage. It’s interesting to see Devils head coach Peter DeBoer go with the veteran Brodeur over Cory Schneider in this game, though, as New Jersey is clinging to its playoff hopes and desperate for a win to snap its two-game losing skid.
No word yet on who Boston will start in goal. Tuukka Rask stopped 33 of 34 shots faced in last night’s 4-1 win over the Wild.
Raanta goes vs. Philly
Raanta has been good this season but his opportunities have been limited — he hasn’t played since stopping 26 of 29 shots in a 3-2 loss to another Central rival, Colorado, last Wednesday.
For the Flyers, Ray Emery will get the start in goal, giving him a shot to go up against his former Blackhawk mates. It’ll be Emery’s first game action since Feb. 27.
Avs at Habs: J.S. Giguere vs. Carey Price
Sabres at Flames: Nathan Lieuwen vs. Joni Ortio
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 13
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54