Mar 18, 2014, 3:44 PM EDT
Desperate for a win after dropping consecutive games in the state of Florida, the New Jersey Devils will have to try and get one tonight against the NHL’s hottest team, the Boston Bruins.
A regulation loss to the B’s and there’s a chance the Devils could find themselves seven points back of a playoff spot by the end of Tuesday’s action.
Stop the Bruins’ win streak at nine, however, and the deficit could be as few as three points, with the postseason picture looking decidedly rosier for coach Pete DeBoer’s squad.
So yeah, tonight could be pivotal.
“This is no time of the year to feel sorry for yourself,” DeBoer said. “If you don’t pick yourself up, no one else is going to do it for you around the league. I think we recognize that and we know how important the week is.”
After hosting Boston, the Devils have four more home games in a row, against the Wild, Rangers, Leafs, and Coyotes. In fact, 10 of their remaining 14 games will be played at the Prudential Center, where they boast an impressive 16-8-7 record.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 0
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 23
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 39
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 152
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (152)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)