Mar 18, 2014, 9:43 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins face a final month that may challenge their current place as the clear top team in the East, but they kept rolling against a far more desperate team on Tuesday. By beating the desperate New Jersey Devils decisively with a 4-2 score, Boston is now on a 10-game winning streak while their opponents’ playoff hopes seem to be dwindling.
Here are a few quick notes about the Bruins:
- They’re generally winning in impressive ways. Only one win in this streak came via a shootout. Eight have come by two goals or more.
- Again, things could hit a wall at some point, as nine of their last 13 contests are away from home. That being said, it’s not like they live off of home cooking alone; the Bruins are now 19-10-3 on the road this season.
- They’ve beaten teams that needed the points badly in the process; only Florida is totally out of the playoff picture. Teams like the Coyotes, Devils and Capitals surely had more to gain in games against the B’s, but it didn’t matter.
- Jarome Iginla scored the 556th goal of his career, tying him for 25th all-time. He’s now on a four-game goal streak (six in that span). He also has an impressive 26 on the season.
It almost seems like the reverse situation for the Devils. They’ve lost by a combined score of 12-5 in these past three games. The saving grace is that they play four more in a row in New Jersey and five of their next six in Newark overall, but time is running out for the Devils to turn things around.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)