Mar 18, 2014, 9:43 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins face a final month that may challenge their current place as the clear top team in the East, but they kept rolling against a far more desperate team on Tuesday. By beating the desperate New Jersey Devils decisively with a 4-2 score, Boston is now on a 10-game winning streak while their opponents’ playoff hopes seem to be dwindling.
Here are a few quick notes about the Bruins:
- They’re generally winning in impressive ways. Only one win in this streak came via a shootout. Eight have come by two goals or more.
- Again, things could hit a wall at some point, as nine of their last 13 contests are away from home. That being said, it’s not like they live off of home cooking alone; the Bruins are now 19-10-3 on the road this season.
- They’ve beaten teams that needed the points badly in the process; only Florida is totally out of the playoff picture. Teams like the Coyotes, Devils and Capitals surely had more to gain in games against the B’s, but it didn’t matter.
- Jarome Iginla scored the 556th goal of his career, tying him for 25th all-time. He’s now on a four-game goal streak (six in that span). He also has an impressive 26 on the season.
It almost seems like the reverse situation for the Devils. They’ve lost by a combined score of 12-5 in these past three games. The saving grace is that they play four more in a row in New Jersey and five of their next six in Newark overall, but time is running out for the Devils to turn things around.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)