Mar 18, 2014, 9:43 PM EST
The Boston Bruins face a final month that may challenge their current place as the clear top team in the East, but they kept rolling against a far more desperate team on Tuesday. By beating the desperate New Jersey Devils decisively with a 4-2 score, Boston is now on a 10-game winning streak while their opponents’ playoff hopes seem to be dwindling.
Here are a few quick notes about the Bruins:
- They’re generally winning in impressive ways. Only one win in this streak came via a shootout. Eight have come by two goals or more.
- Again, things could hit a wall at some point, as nine of their last 13 contests are away from home. That being said, it’s not like they live off of home cooking alone; the Bruins are now 19-10-3 on the road this season.
- They’ve beaten teams that needed the points badly in the process; only Florida is totally out of the playoff picture. Teams like the Coyotes, Devils and Capitals surely had more to gain in games against the B’s, but it didn’t matter.
- Jarome Iginla scored the 556th goal of his career, tying him for 25th all-time. He’s now on a four-game goal streak (six in that span). He also has an impressive 26 on the season.
It almost seems like the reverse situation for the Devils. They’ve lost by a combined score of 12-5 in these past three games. The saving grace is that they play four more in a row in New Jersey and five of their next six in Newark overall, but time is running out for the Devils to turn things around.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)