Mar 18, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
The red-hot Boston Bruins will face a hungry New Jersey Devils team on Tuesday without defenseman Johnny Boychuk, who is labeled day-to-day with a leg injury. The 30-year-old also missed Monday’s game against the Minnesota Wild.
(The team calls it a “bruise” and leaves the door open for a return later this week; Boston has games on Friday and Saturday as well.)
As hot as Boston is right now, the Bruins are heading toward what could be a challenging final stretch with 10 of their final 14 games away from home. If they look as strong in mid-April as they do in mid-March, then many will indeed peg them as a leading contender in the East.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32