Mar 18, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
The red-hot Boston Bruins will face a hungry New Jersey Devils team on Tuesday without defenseman Johnny Boychuk, who is labeled day-to-day with a leg injury. The 30-year-old also missed Monday’s game against the Minnesota Wild.
(The team calls it a “bruise” and leaves the door open for a return later this week; Boston has games on Friday and Saturday as well.)
As hot as Boston is right now, the Bruins are heading toward what could be a challenging final stretch with 10 of their final 14 games away from home. If they look as strong in mid-April as they do in mid-March, then many will indeed peg them as a leading contender in the East.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 11
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22