Mar 18, 2014, 6:52 PM EST
The red-hot Boston Bruins will face a hungry New Jersey Devils team on Tuesday without defenseman Johnny Boychuk, who is labeled day-to-day with a leg injury. The 30-year-old also missed Monday’s game against the Minnesota Wild.
(The team calls it a “bruise” and leaves the door open for a return later this week; Boston has games on Friday and Saturday as well.)
As hot as Boston is right now, the Bruins are heading toward what could be a challenging final stretch with 10 of their final 14 games away from home. If they look as strong in mid-April as they do in mid-March, then many will indeed peg them as a leading contender in the East.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5