Mar 17, 2014, 10:03 PM EST
The Vancouver Canucks, fighting for their playoff lives, which are fading faster with each passing game, didn’t get the breaks against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Monday.
In the second period, the Lightning opened up a three-goal lead thanks to a pair of goals off Canucks’ defenseman Ryan Stanton. Worst part was the Lightning capitalized at one end, while the Canucks, just seconds earlier, were unable to finish on their chances.
Ondrej Palat gave Tampa Bay a two-goal lead, as his pass on a two-on-one rush was directed in off a sprawled Stanton. Just seconds earlier, at the other end, Canucks’ defenseman Kevin Bieksa couldn’t handle a Jordan Schroeder as he got in all alone on Lightning goalie Ben Bishop.
Common theme here, but this time it was Vancouver forward Zack Kassian denied on a point-blank scoring chance thanks to a brilliant save from Bishop.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)