Mar 17, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
On Tuesday, Calgary center Matt Stajan will play in his first game since his newborn son, Emerson, died on March 3.
Flames head coach Bob Hartley confirmed the news on Monday. Stajan had missed the last eight games after leaving the team following a win over Edmonton on Mar. 1.
Stajan and wife Katie issued the following statement today:
“We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for the incredible outpouring of love and support, during this very difficult time.
“All of you have touched our lives with your kindness and compassion and we truly appreciate everyone’s thoughts and prayers.
“Our son, Emerson, will forever be in all of our hearts. Thank you for taking the time to think of us and grieve this unbearable loss with us. It means so much and we are grateful for all of your support.”
Calgary will host the Sabres tomorrow night at the Saddledome.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 8
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 35
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)