Mar 17, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Transactions from across the league…
The Detroit Red Wings have recalled Landon Ferraro from AHL Grand Rapids, the club announced on Monday.
Ferraro, the 32nd overall selection at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, is the son of longtime NHLer and current analyst Ray Ferraro. He has 13 goals and 28 points in 60 games for the Griffins this year, and has yet to make his NHL debut.
Ferraro is up on an emergency basis with Wings forward Justin Abdelkader injured.
Montreal has sent forward Michael Bournival down to AHL Hamilton on a conditioning assignment.
Bournival, 21, has scored 13 points in 50 games for the Habs this year, but has been sidelined for the last month with a concussion.
It sounds as though young Anaheim defenseman Sami Vatanen has been called up from AHL Norfolk.
Vatanen, 22, has scored 14 points in 41 games for the Ducks this year and could be up with the big club as a result of the injury Cam Fowler suffered on Friday. It kept him out of Saturday’s 2-1 win over Los Angeles, so the Ducks could have Vatanen up as a precautionary measure should Fowler be forced to miss more time.
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 1
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 18
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 13
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)