Mar 17, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
Transactions from across the league…
The Detroit Red Wings have recalled Landon Ferraro from AHL Grand Rapids, the club announced on Monday.
Ferraro, the 32nd overall selection at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, is the son of longtime NHLer and current analyst Ray Ferraro. He has 13 goals and 28 points in 60 games for the Griffins this year, and has yet to make his NHL debut.
Ferraro is up on an emergency basis with Wings forward Justin Abdelkader injured.
Montreal has sent forward Michael Bournival down to AHL Hamilton on a conditioning assignment.
Bournival, 21, has scored 13 points in 50 games for the Habs this year, but has been sidelined for the last month with a concussion.
It sounds as though young Anaheim defenseman Sami Vatanen has been called up from AHL Norfolk.
Vatanen, 22, has scored 14 points in 41 games for the Ducks this year and could be up with the big club as a result of the injury Cam Fowler suffered on Friday. It kept him out of Saturday’s 2-1 win over Los Angeles, so the Ducks could have Vatanen up as a precautionary measure should Fowler be forced to miss more time.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15