Mar 17, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Transactions from across the league…
The Detroit Red Wings have recalled Landon Ferraro from AHL Grand Rapids, the club announced on Monday.
Ferraro, the 32nd overall selection at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, is the son of longtime NHLer and current analyst Ray Ferraro. He has 13 goals and 28 points in 60 games for the Griffins this year, and has yet to make his NHL debut.
Ferraro is up on an emergency basis with Wings forward Justin Abdelkader injured.
Montreal has sent forward Michael Bournival down to AHL Hamilton on a conditioning assignment.
Bournival, 21, has scored 13 points in 50 games for the Habs this year, but has been sidelined for the last month with a concussion.
It sounds as though young Anaheim defenseman Sami Vatanen has been called up from AHL Norfolk.
Vatanen, 22, has scored 14 points in 41 games for the Ducks this year and could be up with the big club as a result of the injury Cam Fowler suffered on Friday. It kept him out of Saturday’s 2-1 win over Los Angeles, so the Ducks could have Vatanen up as a precautionary measure should Fowler be forced to miss more time.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 14
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 16
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13