Mar 17, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Transactions from across the league…
The Detroit Red Wings have recalled Landon Ferraro from AHL Grand Rapids, the club announced on Monday.
Ferraro, the 32nd overall selection at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, is the son of longtime NHLer and current analyst Ray Ferraro. He has 13 goals and 28 points in 60 games for the Griffins this year, and has yet to make his NHL debut.
Ferraro is up on an emergency basis with Wings forward Justin Abdelkader injured.
Montreal has sent forward Michael Bournival down to AHL Hamilton on a conditioning assignment.
Bournival, 21, has scored 13 points in 50 games for the Habs this year, but has been sidelined for the last month with a concussion.
It sounds as though young Anaheim defenseman Sami Vatanen has been called up from AHL Norfolk.
Vatanen, 22, has scored 14 points in 41 games for the Ducks this year and could be up with the big club as a result of the injury Cam Fowler suffered on Friday. It kept him out of Saturday’s 2-1 win over Los Angeles, so the Ducks could have Vatanen up as a precautionary measure should Fowler be forced to miss more time.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 31
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)