Mar 17, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Transactions from across the league…
The Detroit Red Wings have recalled Landon Ferraro from AHL Grand Rapids, the club announced on Monday.
Ferraro, the 32nd overall selection at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, is the son of longtime NHLer and current analyst Ray Ferraro. He has 13 goals and 28 points in 60 games for the Griffins this year, and has yet to make his NHL debut.
Ferraro is up on an emergency basis with Wings forward Justin Abdelkader injured.
Montreal has sent forward Michael Bournival down to AHL Hamilton on a conditioning assignment.
Bournival, 21, has scored 13 points in 50 games for the Habs this year, but has been sidelined for the last month with a concussion.
It sounds as though young Anaheim defenseman Sami Vatanen has been called up from AHL Norfolk.
Vatanen, 22, has scored 14 points in 41 games for the Ducks this year and could be up with the big club as a result of the injury Cam Fowler suffered on Friday. It kept him out of Saturday’s 2-1 win over Los Angeles, so the Ducks could have Vatanen up as a precautionary measure should Fowler be forced to miss more time.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20