Mar 17, 2014, 2:39 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
All Lack, all the time
Vancouver will give rookie netminder Eddie Lack his 11th straight start on Monday night when it takes on the Lightning in Tampa Bay.
Lack, who stopped 26 of 29 shots in a 4-3 shootout win over Florida (and former teammate Roberto Luongo) on Sunday, has done as well as could be expected since inheriting the No. 1 gig in late February. He’s 12-13-4 on the year with a 2.36 GAA and .914 save percentage — considering he’s never played more than 53 games in a professional season (with AHL Manitoba three years ago), he’s shouldered his first full NHL load pretty efficiently thus far.
No confirmation on who’ll start for Tampa Bay tonight, but Ben Bishop appears likely.
Miller looks to stay undefeated in regulation
St. Louis will go with Ryan Miller tonight against the Jets, and Miller will look to remain undefeated in regulation after going 6-0-1 in his first seven appearances for the Blues.
As it stands today, the Miller trade appears to be a huge win for the Blues. The team has captured 15 of a possible 16 points since Miller made his debut in early March and, overall, the former Sabres netminder has posted a .932 save percentage and 1.70 GAA since coming to St. Louis.
No word on who the Jets will start tonight, though Al Montoya is likely.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 2
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 7
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 20
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11