Mar 17, 2014, 2:39 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
All Lack, all the time
Vancouver will give rookie netminder Eddie Lack his 11th straight start on Monday night when it takes on the Lightning in Tampa Bay.
Lack, who stopped 26 of 29 shots in a 4-3 shootout win over Florida (and former teammate Roberto Luongo) on Sunday, has done as well as could be expected since inheriting the No. 1 gig in late February. He’s 12-13-4 on the year with a 2.36 GAA and .914 save percentage — considering he’s never played more than 53 games in a professional season (with AHL Manitoba three years ago), he’s shouldered his first full NHL load pretty efficiently thus far.
No confirmation on who’ll start for Tampa Bay tonight, but Ben Bishop appears likely.
Miller looks to stay undefeated in regulation
St. Louis will go with Ryan Miller tonight against the Jets, and Miller will look to remain undefeated in regulation after going 6-0-1 in his first seven appearances for the Blues.
As it stands today, the Miller trade appears to be a huge win for the Blues. The team has captured 15 of a possible 16 points since Miller made his debut in early March and, overall, the former Sabres netminder has posted a .932 save percentage and 1.70 GAA since coming to St. Louis.
No word on who the Jets will start tonight, though Al Montoya is likely.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)