Mar 17, 2014, 2:39 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
All Lack, all the time
Vancouver will give rookie netminder Eddie Lack his 11th straight start on Monday night when it takes on the Lightning in Tampa Bay.
Lack, who stopped 26 of 29 shots in a 4-3 shootout win over Florida (and former teammate Roberto Luongo) on Sunday, has done as well as could be expected since inheriting the No. 1 gig in late February. He’s 12-13-4 on the year with a 2.36 GAA and .914 save percentage — considering he’s never played more than 53 games in a professional season (with AHL Manitoba three years ago), he’s shouldered his first full NHL load pretty efficiently thus far.
No confirmation on who’ll start for Tampa Bay tonight, but Ben Bishop appears likely.
Miller looks to stay undefeated in regulation
St. Louis will go with Ryan Miller tonight against the Jets, and Miller will look to remain undefeated in regulation after going 6-0-1 in his first seven appearances for the Blues.
As it stands today, the Miller trade appears to be a huge win for the Blues. The team has captured 15 of a possible 16 points since Miller made his debut in early March and, overall, the former Sabres netminder has posted a .932 save percentage and 1.70 GAA since coming to St. Louis.
No word on who the Jets will start tonight, though Al Montoya is likely.
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 0
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)