Mar 17, 2014, 2:39 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
All Lack, all the time
Vancouver will give rookie netminder Eddie Lack his 11th straight start on Monday night when it takes on the Lightning in Tampa Bay.
Lack, who stopped 26 of 29 shots in a 4-3 shootout win over Florida (and former teammate Roberto Luongo) on Sunday, has done as well as could be expected since inheriting the No. 1 gig in late February. He’s 12-13-4 on the year with a 2.36 GAA and .914 save percentage — considering he’s never played more than 53 games in a professional season (with AHL Manitoba three years ago), he’s shouldered his first full NHL load pretty efficiently thus far.
No confirmation on who’ll start for Tampa Bay tonight, but Ben Bishop appears likely.
Miller looks to stay undefeated in regulation
St. Louis will go with Ryan Miller tonight against the Jets, and Miller will look to remain undefeated in regulation after going 6-0-1 in his first seven appearances for the Blues.
As it stands today, the Miller trade appears to be a huge win for the Blues. The team has captured 15 of a possible 16 points since Miller made his debut in early March and, overall, the former Sabres netminder has posted a .932 save percentage and 1.70 GAA since coming to St. Louis.
No word on who the Jets will start tonight, though Al Montoya is likely.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 5
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 25
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)