Mar 17, 2014, 6:07 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks could be without their top defenseman for the next little while.
Cam Fowler, who left Friday’s win over Colorado with a lower-body ailment and missed Saturday’s victory over Los Angeles as a result, will undergo a MRI on his injured leg on Tuesday to figure out the severity.
The 22-year-old rearguard has enjoyed a fantastic season in Anaheim, leading all Ducks defensemen in a number of significant statistical cagetories: TOI per game (24:54), points (36), power-play points (15) and takeaways (24). He also sits third on the club in blocked shots (118).
Fowler has been remarkably healthy this season and appeared in 67 of Anaheim’s 68 games played. That said, he could be in line to miss a few over the next while — the Ducks play three times over the next six days (Tuesday vs. Washington, Thursday at San Jose, Sunday vs. Florida) before departing on a three-game Western Canadian road swing through Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 3
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)