Mar 17, 2014, 6:07 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks could be without their top defenseman for the next little while.
Cam Fowler, who left Friday’s win over Colorado with a lower-body ailment and missed Saturday’s victory over Los Angeles as a result, will undergo a MRI on his injured leg on Tuesday to figure out the severity.
The 22-year-old rearguard has enjoyed a fantastic season in Anaheim, leading all Ducks defensemen in a number of significant statistical cagetories: TOI per game (24:54), points (36), power-play points (15) and takeaways (24). He also sits third on the club in blocked shots (118).
Fowler has been remarkably healthy this season and appeared in 67 of Anaheim’s 68 games played. That said, he could be in line to miss a few over the next while — the Ducks play three times over the next six days (Tuesday vs. Washington, Thursday at San Jose, Sunday vs. Florida) before departing on a three-game Western Canadian road swing through Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54