Mar 17, 2014, 6:07 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks could be without their top defenseman for the next little while.
Cam Fowler, who left Friday’s win over Colorado with a lower-body ailment and missed Saturday’s victory over Los Angeles as a result, will undergo a MRI on his injured leg on Tuesday to figure out the severity.
The 22-year-old rearguard has enjoyed a fantastic season in Anaheim, leading all Ducks defensemen in a number of significant statistical cagetories: TOI per game (24:54), points (36), power-play points (15) and takeaways (24). He also sits third on the club in blocked shots (118).
Fowler has been remarkably healthy this season and appeared in 67 of Anaheim’s 68 games played. That said, he could be in line to miss a few over the next while — the Ducks play three times over the next six days (Tuesday vs. Washington, Thursday at San Jose, Sunday vs. Florida) before departing on a three-game Western Canadian road swing through Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 4
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 14
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28