Mar 17, 2014, 6:07 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks could be without their top defenseman for the next little while.
Cam Fowler, who left Friday’s win over Colorado with a lower-body ailment and missed Saturday’s victory over Los Angeles as a result, will undergo a MRI on his injured leg on Tuesday to figure out the severity.
The 22-year-old rearguard has enjoyed a fantastic season in Anaheim, leading all Ducks defensemen in a number of significant statistical cagetories: TOI per game (24:54), points (36), power-play points (15) and takeaways (24). He also sits third on the club in blocked shots (118).
Fowler has been remarkably healthy this season and appeared in 67 of Anaheim’s 68 games played. That said, he could be in line to miss a few over the next while — the Ducks play three times over the next six days (Tuesday vs. Washington, Thursday at San Jose, Sunday vs. Florida) before departing on a three-game Western Canadian road swing through Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20