Mar 17, 2014, 10:38 PM EST
Against the Wild, the Bruins once again got strong goaltending from Tuukka Rask – watch this glove save on Mikko Koivu in the second period – and veteran forward Jarome Iginla continued to contribute, scoring twice, although neither goal was of particular beauty. He’s now up to 25 goals on the season, and six goals in his last five games.
At this point in the season, with the second-place Pittsburgh Penguins dealing with injuries, it would appear the Bruins are again the frontrunners to come out of the East later this spring. If they were to make it back to the Stanley Cup Final – we said ‘if’ – that would make it three times in four seasons the Bruins make it to the championship series.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5