Mar 17, 2014, 10:38 PM EDT
Against the Wild, the Bruins once again got strong goaltending from Tuukka Rask – watch this glove save on Mikko Koivu in the second period – and veteran forward Jarome Iginla continued to contribute, scoring twice, although neither goal was of particular beauty. He’s now up to 25 goals on the season, and six goals in his last five games.
At this point in the season, with the second-place Pittsburgh Penguins dealing with injuries, it would appear the Bruins are again the frontrunners to come out of the East later this spring. If they were to make it back to the Stanley Cup Final – we said ‘if’ – that would make it three times in four seasons the Bruins make it to the championship series.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 81
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50