Mar 17, 2014, 11:52 PM EST
There appears to be bad blood between the St. Louis Blues and Winnipeg Jets and it boiled over Monday night.
The Blues scored twice late in the third period to take a 3-1 victory over the visiting Jets in a meeting of two Central Division opponents. Then, in the final seconds, a brawl erupted in the Blues’ end when Dustin Byfuglien took a run at St. Louis defenseman Roman Polak in the corner.
And it all broke loose from there, even as the Blues went up ice with a chance for an empty-net goal. Once everyone realized what was happening at the other end of the ice, players from both teams rushed in to grab a partner and it was on from there.
The brawl ended what was a physical meeting between the two teams, as they combined for 69 registered body checks. They also combined for 114 penalty minutes.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 14
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 13
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 6
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8