Mar 17, 2014, 11:52 PM EDT
There appears to be bad blood between the St. Louis Blues and Winnipeg Jets and it boiled over Monday night.
The Blues scored twice late in the third period to take a 3-1 victory over the visiting Jets in a meeting of two Central Division opponents. Then, in the final seconds, a brawl erupted in the Blues’ end when Dustin Byfuglien took a run at St. Louis defenseman Roman Polak in the corner.
And it all broke loose from there, even as the Blues went up ice with a chance for an empty-net goal. Once everyone realized what was happening at the other end of the ice, players from both teams rushed in to grab a partner and it was on from there.
The brawl ended what was a physical meeting between the two teams, as they combined for 69 registered body checks. They also combined for 114 penalty minutes.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 18
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)