Mar 17, 2014, 11:52 PM EDT
There appears to be bad blood between the St. Louis Blues and Winnipeg Jets and it boiled over Monday night.
The Blues scored twice late in the third period to take a 3-1 victory over the visiting Jets in a meeting of two Central Division opponents. Then, in the final seconds, a brawl erupted in the Blues’ end when Dustin Byfuglien took a run at St. Louis defenseman Roman Polak in the corner.
And it all broke loose from there, even as the Blues went up ice with a chance for an empty-net goal. Once everyone realized what was happening at the other end of the ice, players from both teams rushed in to grab a partner and it was on from there.
The brawl ended what was a physical meeting between the two teams, as they combined for 69 registered body checks. They also combined for 114 penalty minutes.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 2
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 25
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)