Mar 17, 2014, 11:52 PM EST
There appears to be bad blood between the St. Louis Blues and Winnipeg Jets and it boiled over Monday night.
The Blues scored twice late in the third period to take a 3-1 victory over the visiting Jets in a meeting of two Central Division opponents. Then, in the final seconds, a brawl erupted in the Blues’ end when Dustin Byfuglien took a run at St. Louis defenseman Roman Polak in the corner.
And it all broke loose from there, even as the Blues went up ice with a chance for an empty-net goal. Once everyone realized what was happening at the other end of the ice, players from both teams rushed in to grab a partner and it was on from there.
The brawl ended what was a physical meeting between the two teams, as they combined for 69 registered body checks. They also combined for 114 penalty minutes.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 68
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 54
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 73
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)