Mar 17, 2014, 2:07 PM EDT
From our friends at CSN New England:
Johnny Boychuk was able to finish out Saturday’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes after crashing feet-first into the boards in the third period, but he won’t be playing Monday night as a result of the collision.
The B’s defenseman who is seemingly impervious to pain was missing from the Monday morning skate at TD Garden, and Claude Julien said Boychuk was “too sore” to play against the Minnesota Wild in Monday night’s cross-conference tilt.
X-rays were negative, according to Boychuk, so it doesn’t sound like anything too serious.
The D pairings at this morning’s skate were as follows:
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21