Mar 17, 2014, 2:07 PM EDT
From our friends at CSN New England:
Johnny Boychuk was able to finish out Saturday’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes after crashing feet-first into the boards in the third period, but he won’t be playing Monday night as a result of the collision.
The B’s defenseman who is seemingly impervious to pain was missing from the Monday morning skate at TD Garden, and Claude Julien said Boychuk was “too sore” to play against the Minnesota Wild in Monday night’s cross-conference tilt.
X-rays were negative, according to Boychuk, so it doesn’t sound like anything too serious.
The D pairings at this morning’s skate were as follows:
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25