Mar 17, 2014, 2:07 PM EDT
From our friends at CSN New England:
Johnny Boychuk was able to finish out Saturday’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes after crashing feet-first into the boards in the third period, but he won’t be playing Monday night as a result of the collision.
The B’s defenseman who is seemingly impervious to pain was missing from the Monday morning skate at TD Garden, and Claude Julien said Boychuk was “too sore” to play against the Minnesota Wild in Monday night’s cross-conference tilt.
X-rays were negative, according to Boychuk, so it doesn’t sound like anything too serious.
The D pairings at this morning’s skate were as follows:
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 0
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 10
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 64
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 48
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)