Mar 17, 2014, 2:07 PM EDT
From our friends at CSN New England:
Johnny Boychuk was able to finish out Saturday’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes after crashing feet-first into the boards in the third period, but he won’t be playing Monday night as a result of the collision.
The B’s defenseman who is seemingly impervious to pain was missing from the Monday morning skate at TD Garden, and Claude Julien said Boychuk was “too sore” to play against the Minnesota Wild in Monday night’s cross-conference tilt.
X-rays were negative, according to Boychuk, so it doesn’t sound like anything too serious.
The D pairings at this morning’s skate were as follows:
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 6
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)