Mar 17, 2014, 2:07 PM EST
From our friends at CSN New England:
Johnny Boychuk was able to finish out Saturday’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes after crashing feet-first into the boards in the third period, but he won’t be playing Monday night as a result of the collision.
The B’s defenseman who is seemingly impervious to pain was missing from the Monday morning skate at TD Garden, and Claude Julien said Boychuk was “too sore” to play against the Minnesota Wild in Monday night’s cross-conference tilt.
X-rays were negative, according to Boychuk, so it doesn’t sound like anything too serious.
The D pairings at this morning’s skate were as follows:
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)