Mar 17, 2014, 1:01 PM EST
Bobrovsky earned first star honors thanks to a 2-0-1 record with a 1.58 GAA and .950 save percentage last week, as the Jackets collected five of a possible six points and moved into third in the Metropolitan Division. Bobrovsky was huge in both of Columbus’ victories, stopping 39 shots in a 4-1 victory over Detroit, then making 32 saves — and more in the shootout — in a 2-1 decision over Minnesota.
Okposo, the second star, led all skaters with seven points last week — which included three multi-point games — as the Isles won two of three contests. The American forward had a career-high three assists in a win over Vancouver, notched two more helpers in a 4-3 loss to San Jose and then scored a goal and an assist in a win over Buffalo on Saturday. Incredibly, Okposo — who’d never scored more than 52 points in a season prior to this year — now sits fourth in the NHL with 69 points through 68 games.
Third star went to Niemi, who held off a strong challenge for the No. 1 gig in San Jose — from backup Alex Stalock — to win all three games last week, posting a 1.67 GAA and .950 save percentage. Thanks to Niemi’s strong play, the Sharks have now won six straight and are keeping pace with Anaheim for tops in the Pacific Division.
Jan 31, 2015, 2:00 AM EST
Anaheim has now lost two straight in regulation for the first time since November.
Jan 31, 2015, 1:15 AM EST
Sabres conclude January with an 0-12-0 record.
Jan 31, 2015, 12:15 AM EST
Shattenkirk had the shootout winner.
Jan 30, 2015, 11:35 PM EST
He’s now tied with Dino Ciccarelli on the all-time points list.
Jan 30, 2015, 11:00 PM EST
Kris Letang has assisted on Pittsburgh’s last seven goals.
Jan 30, 2015, 10:15 PM EST
Mark Hunter has also been a rumored replacement.
Jan 30, 2015, 9:30 PM EST
He’s a restricted free agent after this season.
Jan 30, 2015, 8:45 PM EST
The 18-year-old is playing in his 3rd career AHL game tonight.
Jan 30, 2015, 8:00 PM EST
Was 6-0-0 in his previous seven appearances entering tonight.
Jan 30, 2015, 7:05 PM EST
It could happen at the World Cup though.
Jan 30, 2015, 5:16 PM EST
“We would be thrilled to have them play at our venue.”
Jan 30, 2015, 4:24 PM EST
Ville Pokka is a fun name.
Jan 30, 2015, 3:57 PM EST
Spent last season in Buffalo.
Jan 30, 2015, 3:37 PM EST
Oklahoma City and Worcester do not.
Jan 30, 2015, 3:26 PM EST
Key Western Conference tilt tonight at Honda.
Jan 30, 2015, 2:48 PM EST
Not that that’s likely. Just…possible.
Jan 30, 2015, 2:17 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Jan 30, 2015, 1:01 PM EST
Xavier Ouellet sticking around?
Jan 30, 2015, 12:52 PM EST
Pittsburgh d-man won’t play tonight against New Jersey.
Jan 30, 2015, 12:39 PM EST
They play in Vancouver tonight.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5