Mar 17, 2014, 1:01 PM EST
Bobrovsky earned first star honors thanks to a 2-0-1 record with a 1.58 GAA and .950 save percentage last week, as the Jackets collected five of a possible six points and moved into third in the Metropolitan Division. Bobrovsky was huge in both of Columbus’ victories, stopping 39 shots in a 4-1 victory over Detroit, then making 32 saves — and more in the shootout — in a 2-1 decision over Minnesota.
Okposo, the second star, led all skaters with seven points last week — which included three multi-point games — as the Isles won two of three contests. The American forward had a career-high three assists in a win over Vancouver, notched two more helpers in a 4-3 loss to San Jose and then scored a goal and an assist in a win over Buffalo on Saturday. Incredibly, Okposo — who’d never scored more than 52 points in a season prior to this year — now sits fourth in the NHL with 69 points through 68 games.
Third star went to Niemi, who held off a strong challenge for the No. 1 gig in San Jose — from backup Alex Stalock — to win all three games last week, posting a 1.67 GAA and .950 save percentage. Thanks to Niemi’s strong play, the Sharks have now won six straight and are keeping pace with Anaheim for tops in the Pacific Division.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 54
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 69
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)