Mar 16, 2014, 6:59 PM EST
The Detroit Red Wings and Chicago Blackhawks don’t meet as often now that they’re in different divisions and conferences, but that doesn’t change the fact that they boast a top NHL rivalry. The latest chapter kicks off on NBCSN and the live stream link below on Sunday.
The Blackhawks get Marian Hossa back, so their two-game losing streak might be a little misleading. They’re battling for seeding at this point, but no-doubt would love to make life more difficult for a team that has foiled them plenty of times before.
Things are far more desperate for Detroit, even with the New York Rangers losing on Sunday. They’re three points behind New York’s final wild card spot as of this writing, but they’ve only played 66 games to other teams’ 68 or 69, so all hope isn’t lost. Beating Chicago would be huge for their placement and confidence, even if they can only move up the bubble ranks today.
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 2
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 8
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 97
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (97)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (87)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)