Mar 16, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings and Chicago Blackhawks don’t meet as often now that they’re in different divisions and conferences, but that doesn’t change the fact that they boast a top NHL rivalry. The latest chapter kicks off on NBCSN and the live stream link below on Sunday.
The Blackhawks get Marian Hossa back, so their two-game losing streak might be a little misleading. They’re battling for seeding at this point, but no-doubt would love to make life more difficult for a team that has foiled them plenty of times before.
Things are far more desperate for Detroit, even with the New York Rangers losing on Sunday. They’re three points behind New York’s final wild card spot as of this writing, but they’ve only played 66 games to other teams’ 68 or 69, so all hope isn’t lost. Beating Chicago would be huge for their placement and confidence, even if they can only move up the bubble ranks today.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)