Mar 16, 2014, 6:59 PM EST
The Detroit Red Wings and Chicago Blackhawks don’t meet as often now that they’re in different divisions and conferences, but that doesn’t change the fact that they boast a top NHL rivalry. The latest chapter kicks off on NBCSN and the live stream link below on Sunday.
The Blackhawks get Marian Hossa back, so their two-game losing streak might be a little misleading. They’re battling for seeding at this point, but no-doubt would love to make life more difficult for a team that has foiled them plenty of times before.
Things are far more desperate for Detroit, even with the New York Rangers losing on Sunday. They’re three points behind New York’s final wild card spot as of this writing, but they’ve only played 66 games to other teams’ 68 or 69, so all hope isn’t lost. Beating Chicago would be huge for their placement and confidence, even if they can only move up the bubble ranks today.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)