Mar 16, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings and Chicago Blackhawks don’t meet as often now that they’re in different divisions and conferences, but that doesn’t change the fact that they boast a top NHL rivalry. The latest chapter kicks off on NBCSN and the live stream link below on Sunday.
The Blackhawks get Marian Hossa back, so their two-game losing streak might be a little misleading. They’re battling for seeding at this point, but no-doubt would love to make life more difficult for a team that has foiled them plenty of times before.
Things are far more desperate for Detroit, even with the New York Rangers losing on Sunday. They’re three points behind New York’s final wild card spot as of this writing, but they’ve only played 66 games to other teams’ 68 or 69, so all hope isn’t lost. Beating Chicago would be huge for their placement and confidence, even if they can only move up the bubble ranks today.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)