Mar 16, 2014, 1:20 AM EDT
Ryan Johansen gave the Columbus Blue Jackets the shootout win over the Minnesota Wild on Saturday, although this play wasn’t free of controversy.
However, officials, after a review, deemed it to be a good goal. The Blue Jackets came away with a 2-1 victory as a result.
From the NHL’s Situation Room blog:
During the shootout in the Columbus Blue Jackets/Minnesota Wild game, the Situation Room initiated video review when the puck entered the Minnesota net. Video review confirmed that Wild goaltender Darcy Kuemper did not touch the puck during Ryan Johansen’s deke attempt before Johansen shot the puck into the net, therefore there was no rebound by the shooter on the play. Good goal Columbus.
According to Rule 24.2 “The puck must be kept in motion towards the opponent’s goal line and once it is shot, the play shall be considered complete. No goal can be scored on a rebound of any kind (an exception being the puck off the goal post or crossbar, then the goalkeeper and then directly into the goal), and any time the puck crosses the goal line or comes to a complete stop, the shot shall be considered complete.”
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 0
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 6
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)