Mar 16, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
The L.A. Kings finally managed to score on their California rivals, the Anaheim Ducks. Tyler Toffoli scored a power play goal at 11:21 of the second period on Saturday night, ending the Ducks’ recent shutout streak of almost 150 minutes against the Kings.
Dating back to January, the Kings had lost their last two games against the Ducks, currently leading the Pacific Division but tied in points with the San Jose Sharks coming into Saturday’s game.
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 5
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 43
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 18
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13