Mar 16, 2014, 9:11 PM EST
It’s been a dangerous weekend for Buffalo Sabres goalies, and in this case, it’s not because of the ridiculous volume of shots they’re facing. (At least, not directly.)
That leaves things to little-known netminder Nathan Lieuwen for at least the rest of tonight’s game against the Habs. He was called up on Sunday because of Neuvirth’s injury, so this must be a surprising day for the 22-year-old sixth-round draft pick (167th overall in 2011).
With the Sabres deep in the Eastern Conference cellar, this final month-or-so is viewed as an audition for the likes of Enroth and Neuvirth, but they have to be healthy enough to seize these chances.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11