Mar 16, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
It’s been a dangerous weekend for Buffalo Sabres goalies, and in this case, it’s not because of the ridiculous volume of shots they’re facing. (At least, not directly.)
That leaves things to little-known netminder Nathan Lieuwen for at least the rest of tonight’s game against the Habs. He was called up on Sunday because of Neuvirth’s injury, so this must be a surprising day for the 22-year-old sixth-round draft pick (167th overall in 2011).
With the Sabres deep in the Eastern Conference cellar, this final month-or-so is viewed as an audition for the likes of Enroth and Neuvirth, but they have to be healthy enough to seize these chances.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5