Mar 16, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
It’s been a dangerous weekend for Buffalo Sabres goalies, and in this case, it’s not because of the ridiculous volume of shots they’re facing. (At least, not directly.)
That leaves things to little-known netminder Nathan Lieuwen for at least the rest of tonight’s game against the Habs. He was called up on Sunday because of Neuvirth’s injury, so this must be a surprising day for the 22-year-old sixth-round draft pick (167th overall in 2011).
With the Sabres deep in the Eastern Conference cellar, this final month-or-so is viewed as an audition for the likes of Enroth and Neuvirth, but they have to be healthy enough to seize these chances.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 30
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 14
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 10
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54