Mar 16, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
It’s been a dangerous weekend for Buffalo Sabres goalies, and in this case, it’s not because of the ridiculous volume of shots they’re facing. (At least, not directly.)
That leaves things to little-known netminder Nathan Lieuwen for at least the rest of tonight’s game against the Habs. He was called up on Sunday because of Neuvirth’s injury, so this must be a surprising day for the 22-year-old sixth-round draft pick (167th overall in 2011).
With the Sabres deep in the Eastern Conference cellar, this final month-or-so is viewed as an audition for the likes of Enroth and Neuvirth, but they have to be healthy enough to seize these chances.
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 0
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 20
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8