Mar 16, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
It’s been a dangerous weekend for Buffalo Sabres goalies, and in this case, it’s not because of the ridiculous volume of shots they’re facing. (At least, not directly.)
That leaves things to little-known netminder Nathan Lieuwen for at least the rest of tonight’s game against the Habs. He was called up on Sunday because of Neuvirth’s injury, so this must be a surprising day for the 22-year-old sixth-round draft pick (167th overall in 2011).
With the Sabres deep in the Eastern Conference cellar, this final month-or-so is viewed as an audition for the likes of Enroth and Neuvirth, but they have to be healthy enough to seize these chances.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2