Mar 16, 2014, 9:28 PM EDT
Whether you paint it as Thomas having a tough go of things (four goals allowed on 17 shots), a message to the Stars from head coach Lindy Ruff (allowing 17 shots in a little more than a period is … less than ideal) or a combination of the two, this outing might make the Stars more anxious to get Kari Lehtonen back.
One thing that seems reasonable to say is that Blake Wheeler was a thorn in Thomas’ side on Sunday; he collected a primary assist on three of the four goals Thomas allowed.
Wheeler’s third helper came on this Olli Jokinen tally, which was the last straw:
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 20
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 51
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39