Mar 16, 2014, 9:28 PM EDT
Whether you paint it as Thomas having a tough go of things (four goals allowed on 17 shots), a message to the Stars from head coach Lindy Ruff (allowing 17 shots in a little more than a period is … less than ideal) or a combination of the two, this outing might make the Stars more anxious to get Kari Lehtonen back.
One thing that seems reasonable to say is that Blake Wheeler was a thorn in Thomas’ side on Sunday; he collected a primary assist on three of the four goals Thomas allowed.
Wheeler’s third helper came on this Olli Jokinen tally, which was the last straw:
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5