Mar 16, 2014, 9:28 PM EST
Whether you paint it as Thomas having a tough go of things (four goals allowed on 17 shots), a message to the Stars from head coach Lindy Ruff (allowing 17 shots in a little more than a period is … less than ideal) or a combination of the two, this outing might make the Stars more anxious to get Kari Lehtonen back.
One thing that seems reasonable to say is that Blake Wheeler was a thorn in Thomas’ side on Sunday; he collected a primary assist on three of the four goals Thomas allowed.
Wheeler’s third helper came on this Olli Jokinen tally, which was the last straw:
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 57
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12