Mar 16, 2014, 1:53 AM EDT
It’s a bitter rivalry, however, it has been recently owned by the Anaheim Ducks when it comes to the actual results.
The Ducks, thanks to the winning goal from Patrick Maroon, held on to defeat the L.A. Kings by a final score of 2-1 on Saturday evening. That’s three wins in a row for Anaheim over L.A., although there is one final regular season meeting on April 12. Three of their four meetings against each other this season have been one-goal games.
Maroon has a pair of game-winners against L.A. this season, too.
Of course, it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that these two teams meet in the playoffs. But there is still plenty of hockey left to determine that.
As for Saturday night, the Kings, without Dustin Brown due to illness, did manage to put to an end the Ducks’ combined shutout streak of almost 150 minutes against L.A., dating back to Jan. 23. Tyler Toffoli scored on a power play, finally giving the Kings a goal against the Ducks.
So, perhaps that is a positive. Probably not.
For the Ducks, the win ends a turbulent week in which they lost to the Toronto Maple Leafs and Calgary Flames – they played “ridiculous” in that latter game – but then beat the Colorado Avalanche and Kings.
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 0
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 24
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 14
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)