Mar 16, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
Ottawa Senators goaltender Craig Anderson isn’t ready to return from the shoulder injury he sustained on Monday. As a result, Robin Lehner will play between the pipes this afternoon, according to TSN’s Ian Mendes.
Lehner started on Saturday against Montreal, but the Canadiens rallied back from a 4-1 deficit late in the third period to earn a 5-4 overtime victory. The Senators netminder has a 6.80 GAA and .842 save percentage in three contests since the Olympic break.
That was Ottawa’s fourth loss in five games and its playoff picture is consequently looking bleak.
The Senators are seven points behind the New York Rangers in the battle for a Wild Card spot with just 16 games remaining in Ottawa’s schedule. If the Colorado Avalanche beat the Senators today, it would be one of the final nails in Ottawa’s coffin.
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 4
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 6
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 12
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 32
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)