Mar 16, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
Ottawa Senators goaltender Craig Anderson isn’t ready to return from the shoulder injury he sustained on Monday. As a result, Robin Lehner will play between the pipes this afternoon, according to TSN’s Ian Mendes.
Lehner started on Saturday against Montreal, but the Canadiens rallied back from a 4-1 deficit late in the third period to earn a 5-4 overtime victory. The Senators netminder has a 6.80 GAA and .842 save percentage in three contests since the Olympic break.
That was Ottawa’s fourth loss in five games and its playoff picture is consequently looking bleak.
The Senators are seven points behind the New York Rangers in the battle for a Wild Card spot with just 16 games remaining in Ottawa’s schedule. If the Colorado Avalanche beat the Senators today, it would be one of the final nails in Ottawa’s coffin.
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 0
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 0
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 7
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 60
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 61
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)