Mar 16, 2014, 2:55 PM EST
Ottawa Senators goaltender Craig Anderson isn’t ready to return from the shoulder injury he sustained on Monday. As a result, Robin Lehner will play between the pipes this afternoon, according to TSN’s Ian Mendes.
Lehner started on Saturday against Montreal, but the Canadiens rallied back from a 4-1 deficit late in the third period to earn a 5-4 overtime victory. The Senators netminder has a 6.80 GAA and .842 save percentage in three contests since the Olympic break.
That was Ottawa’s fourth loss in five games and its playoff picture is consequently looking bleak.
The Senators are seven points behind the New York Rangers in the battle for a Wild Card spot with just 16 games remaining in Ottawa’s schedule. If the Colorado Avalanche beat the Senators today, it would be one of the final nails in Ottawa’s coffin.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 48
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12