Mar 16, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
Ottawa Senators goaltender Craig Anderson isn’t ready to return from the shoulder injury he sustained on Monday. As a result, Robin Lehner will play between the pipes this afternoon, according to TSN’s Ian Mendes.
Lehner started on Saturday against Montreal, but the Canadiens rallied back from a 4-1 deficit late in the third period to earn a 5-4 overtime victory. The Senators netminder has a 6.80 GAA and .842 save percentage in three contests since the Olympic break.
That was Ottawa’s fourth loss in five games and its playoff picture is consequently looking bleak.
The Senators are seven points behind the New York Rangers in the battle for a Wild Card spot with just 16 games remaining in Ottawa’s schedule. If the Colorado Avalanche beat the Senators today, it would be one of the final nails in Ottawa’s coffin.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 14
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 32
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21