Mar 16, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
Ottawa Senators goaltender Craig Anderson isn’t ready to return from the shoulder injury he sustained on Monday. As a result, Robin Lehner will play between the pipes this afternoon, according to TSN’s Ian Mendes.
Lehner started on Saturday against Montreal, but the Canadiens rallied back from a 4-1 deficit late in the third period to earn a 5-4 overtime victory. The Senators netminder has a 6.80 GAA and .842 save percentage in three contests since the Olympic break.
That was Ottawa’s fourth loss in five games and its playoff picture is consequently looking bleak.
The Senators are seven points behind the New York Rangers in the battle for a Wild Card spot with just 16 games remaining in Ottawa’s schedule. If the Colorado Avalanche beat the Senators today, it would be one of the final nails in Ottawa’s coffin.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)