Mar 15, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
The injury to Ondrej Pavelec has forced the Winnipeg Jets to make a move.
The Jets recalled goalie Michael Hutchinson from AHL St. John’s to take Pavelec’ spot on the roster. As Paul Wiecek of the Winnipeg Free Press shares, Al Montoya will have to hold things down as the starter until Pavelec returns.
Montoya will get the start in at least Winnipeg’s next two games on Sunday against Dallas and Monday in St. Louis. This season, Montoya is 10-5-3 in 21 games with the Jets and has a .924 save percentage.
Pavelec left the Jets’ 4-2 loss to the New York Rangers with a lower-body injury.
Losing Pavelec might seem like a dire shot to the Jets’ postseason hopes, but he’s put up a .902 save percentage this season in more than twice as many games. While Montoya’s numbers are much better than Pavelec’s right now, the question is whether he can handle the load should he miss more than just the next two games.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)