Mar 15, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
The injury to Ondrej Pavelec has forced the Winnipeg Jets to make a move.
The Jets recalled goalie Michael Hutchinson from AHL St. John’s to take Pavelec’ spot on the roster. As Paul Wiecek of the Winnipeg Free Press shares, Al Montoya will have to hold things down as the starter until Pavelec returns.
Montoya will get the start in at least Winnipeg’s next two games on Sunday against Dallas and Monday in St. Louis. This season, Montoya is 10-5-3 in 21 games with the Jets and has a .924 save percentage.
Pavelec left the Jets’ 4-2 loss to the New York Rangers with a lower-body injury.
Losing Pavelec might seem like a dire shot to the Jets’ postseason hopes, but he’s put up a .902 save percentage this season in more than twice as many games. While Montoya’s numbers are much better than Pavelec’s right now, the question is whether he can handle the load should he miss more than just the next two games.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 1
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 38
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 22
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 21
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 8
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 28
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)