Mar 15, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
The injury to Ondrej Pavelec has forced the Winnipeg Jets to make a move.
The Jets recalled goalie Michael Hutchinson from AHL St. John’s to take Pavelec’ spot on the roster. As Paul Wiecek of the Winnipeg Free Press shares, Al Montoya will have to hold things down as the starter until Pavelec returns.
Montoya will get the start in at least Winnipeg’s next two games on Sunday against Dallas and Monday in St. Louis. This season, Montoya is 10-5-3 in 21 games with the Jets and has a .924 save percentage.
Pavelec left the Jets’ 4-2 loss to the New York Rangers with a lower-body injury.
Losing Pavelec might seem like a dire shot to the Jets’ postseason hopes, but he’s put up a .902 save percentage this season in more than twice as many games. While Montoya’s numbers are much better than Pavelec’s right now, the question is whether he can handle the load should he miss more than just the next two games.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (84)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)