Mar 15, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
The injury to Ondrej Pavelec has forced the Winnipeg Jets to make a move.
The Jets recalled goalie Michael Hutchinson from AHL St. John’s to take Pavelec’ spot on the roster. As Paul Wiecek of the Winnipeg Free Press shares, Al Montoya will have to hold things down as the starter until Pavelec returns.
Montoya will get the start in at least Winnipeg’s next two games on Sunday against Dallas and Monday in St. Louis. This season, Montoya is 10-5-3 in 21 games with the Jets and has a .924 save percentage.
Pavelec left the Jets’ 4-2 loss to the New York Rangers with a lower-body injury.
Losing Pavelec might seem like a dire shot to the Jets’ postseason hopes, but he’s put up a .902 save percentage this season in more than twice as many games. While Montoya’s numbers are much better than Pavelec’s right now, the question is whether he can handle the load should he miss more than just the next two games.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)