Mar 15, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for the main event to erupt between the Buffalo Sabres and New York Islanders on Saturday.
The Islanders’ Matt Carkner took exception to a hit along the bench from the Sabres’ John Scott just prior to the midway mark of the first period. The two came together, squared off and began throwing some heavy punches before eventually tying each other up along the boards.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 28
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 24
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 22
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22