Mar 15, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
Ales Hemsky had six assists in his last two games for the Ottawa Senators. He was finally able to score his first goal with his new club. And it was a big one.
Hemsky showed great patience then roofed a wrist shot over Carey Price less than two minutes into the third period of Saturday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens. It put the visiting Senators up by a 3-1 lead. They took a 4-1 lead thanks to a goal from Clarke MacArthur just over four minutes later.
The Senators acquired Hemsky from the Edmonton Oilers at the March 5 trade deadline.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)