Mar 15, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
Ales Hemsky had six assists in his last two games for the Ottawa Senators. He was finally able to score his first goal with his new club. And it was a big one.
Hemsky showed great patience then roofed a wrist shot over Carey Price less than two minutes into the third period of Saturday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens. It put the visiting Senators up by a 3-1 lead. They took a 4-1 lead thanks to a goal from Clarke MacArthur just over four minutes later.
The Senators acquired Hemsky from the Edmonton Oilers at the March 5 trade deadline.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 6
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 29
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)