Mar 15, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
Ales Hemsky had six assists in his last two games for the Ottawa Senators. He was finally able to score his first goal with his new club. And it was a big one.
Hemsky showed great patience then roofed a wrist shot over Carey Price less than two minutes into the third period of Saturday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens. It put the visiting Senators up by a 3-1 lead. They took a 4-1 lead thanks to a goal from Clarke MacArthur just over four minutes later.
The Senators acquired Hemsky from the Edmonton Oilers at the March 5 trade deadline.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 65
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (65)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)