Mar 15, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
Ales Hemsky had six assists in his last two games for the Ottawa Senators. He was finally able to score his first goal with his new club. And it was a big one.
Hemsky showed great patience then roofed a wrist shot over Carey Price less than two minutes into the third period of Saturday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens. It put the visiting Senators up by a 3-1 lead. They took a 4-1 lead thanks to a goal from Clarke MacArthur just over four minutes later.
The Senators acquired Hemsky from the Edmonton Oilers at the March 5 trade deadline.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32