Mar 15, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
Ales Hemsky had six assists in his last two games for the Ottawa Senators. He was finally able to score his first goal with his new club. And it was a big one.
Hemsky showed great patience then roofed a wrist shot over Carey Price less than two minutes into the third period of Saturday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens. It put the visiting Senators up by a 3-1 lead. They took a 4-1 lead thanks to a goal from Clarke MacArthur just over four minutes later.
The Senators acquired Hemsky from the Edmonton Oilers at the March 5 trade deadline.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)