Mar 15, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
It took 34 games spread out over four seasons, but Chris Summers finally has his first National Hockey League goal.
Summers, 26 years old and a former first-round pick of the Phoenix Coyotes, drove hard to the net and deflected a pass from Lauri Korpikoski to the top corner over the right shoulder of Calgary Flames goalie Joni Ortio to give Phoenix a 1-0 lead early in the first period of Saturday’s game.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 11
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 44
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10