Mar 15, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
It took 34 games spread out over four seasons, but Chris Summers finally has his first National Hockey League goal.
Summers, 26 years old and a former first-round pick of the Phoenix Coyotes, drove hard to the net and deflected a pass from Lauri Korpikoski to the top corner over the right shoulder of Calgary Flames goalie Joni Ortio to give Phoenix a 1-0 lead early in the first period of Saturday’s game.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 8
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54