Mar 15, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
It took 34 games spread out over four seasons, but Chris Summers finally has his first National Hockey League goal.
Summers, 26 years old and a former first-round pick of the Phoenix Coyotes, drove hard to the net and deflected a pass from Lauri Korpikoski to the top corner over the right shoulder of Calgary Flames goalie Joni Ortio to give Phoenix a 1-0 lead early in the first period of Saturday’s game.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46