Mar 15, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
It took 34 games spread out over four seasons, but Chris Summers finally has his first National Hockey League goal.
Summers, 26 years old and a former first-round pick of the Phoenix Coyotes, drove hard to the net and deflected a pass from Lauri Korpikoski to the top corner over the right shoulder of Calgary Flames goalie Joni Ortio to give Phoenix a 1-0 lead early in the first period of Saturday’s game.
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 8
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 9
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 13
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2