Mar 15, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
It took 34 games spread out over four seasons, but Chris Summers finally has his first National Hockey League goal.
Summers, 26 years old and a former first-round pick of the Phoenix Coyotes, drove hard to the net and deflected a pass from Lauri Korpikoski to the top corner over the right shoulder of Calgary Flames goalie Joni Ortio to give Phoenix a 1-0 lead early in the first period of Saturday’s game.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5