Mar 15, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Was it an epic comeback by the Montreal Canadiens, or did the Ottawa Senators get robbed of two points? Controversy.
The Canadiens overcame a three-goal third-period deficit with three goals in three minutes and 21 seconds, then defeated the Senators in overtime on Saturday night. The winner created the most angst for the Senators, as they felt goalie Robin Lehner had the puck covered. There were no whistles on the play, and Francis Bouillon buried a loose puck to give the Habs a come-from-behind victory.
Asked about an explanation from the officials, Jason Spezza told reporters: “None. They said it was too loud.”
The Canadiens were also given a late power play with less than two minutes remaining in regulation, as Ottawa’s Kyle Turris was called for a hook on Andrei Markov. David Desharnais tied the game with a power play goal with 0.3 seconds remaining on the clock.
“The puck is covered at the end, no call. It’s tough, we’re fighting for our lives right now, it’s hard not to get emotional. We put ourselves in a bad spot, we gave them a little life, but at the same time it’s tough enough playing a hockey team along with everyone else in the building.”
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 33
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 113
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (115)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)