Mar 15, 2014, 1:48 PM EDT
As if things weren’t hard enough for the Buffalo Sabres, they’ll be going into their game against the New York Islanders tonight down two defensemen.
Tyler Myers and Alexander Sulzer will both be out of the game Saturday night as John Vogl of The Buffalo News shares. Interim coach Ted Nolan said Myers will miss at least tonight’s game, but Sulzer could be out 1-2 weeks after he was injured against Carolina on Thursday night.
With Myers out along with Sulzer, the team recalled rookie defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen on an emergency basis. Ristolainen joins Chad Ruhwedel as a fellow emergency call-up on defense.
The Sabres are last place in the NHL with 49 points and being without their No. 2 defenseman in Myers (second only to Christian Ehrhoff) makes life that much more difficult.
This season, Myers has nine goals and 13 assists and is averaging just under 23 minutes of ice time per game.
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 0
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 31
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)