Mar 15, 2014, 1:48 PM EDT
As if things weren’t hard enough for the Buffalo Sabres, they’ll be going into their game against the New York Islanders tonight down two defensemen.
Tyler Myers and Alexander Sulzer will both be out of the game Saturday night as John Vogl of The Buffalo News shares. Interim coach Ted Nolan said Myers will miss at least tonight’s game, but Sulzer could be out 1-2 weeks after he was injured against Carolina on Thursday night.
With Myers out along with Sulzer, the team recalled rookie defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen on an emergency basis. Ristolainen joins Chad Ruhwedel as a fellow emergency call-up on defense.
The Sabres are last place in the NHL with 49 points and being without their No. 2 defenseman in Myers (second only to Christian Ehrhoff) makes life that much more difficult.
This season, Myers has nine goals and 13 assists and is averaging just under 23 minutes of ice time per game.
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 15
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 76
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 67
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (83)