Mar 15, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Marian Hossa‘s absence from the Chicago Blackhawks may be coming to an end soon.
Hossa, who’s been out with an upper-body injury since getting hurt during the Stadium Series game against Pittsburgh on March 1, is aiming to get back in the ‘Hawks lineup in the next few days. As Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com shares, Hossa said he’s feeling good.
“It’s actually better than [Thursday], which is a good sign,” he said. “You’re never happy when (you’re hurt) but that’s part of the sport. You have to make sure you heal as quickly as possible and be back right away but you also have to take some time. Hopefully the time will come against one of those two (Wings or Flyers).”
The Blackhawks have lost three out of the five games Hossa has missed, including two straight 3-2 losses to Colorado and Nashville. There’s no doubt they’re better with him in the lineup, but they’ve only been slight world beaters without him.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (72)