Mar 15, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Marian Hossa‘s absence from the Chicago Blackhawks may be coming to an end soon.
Hossa, who’s been out with an upper-body injury since getting hurt during the Stadium Series game against Pittsburgh on March 1, is aiming to get back in the ‘Hawks lineup in the next few days. As Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com shares, Hossa said he’s feeling good.
“It’s actually better than [Thursday], which is a good sign,” he said. “You’re never happy when (you’re hurt) but that’s part of the sport. You have to make sure you heal as quickly as possible and be back right away but you also have to take some time. Hopefully the time will come against one of those two (Wings or Flyers).”
The Blackhawks have lost three out of the five games Hossa has missed, including two straight 3-2 losses to Colorado and Nashville. There’s no doubt they’re better with him in the lineup, but they’ve only been slight world beaters without him.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)