Mar 15, 2014, 9:20 AM EST
Marian Hossa‘s absence from the Chicago Blackhawks may be coming to an end soon.
Hossa, who’s been out with an upper-body injury since getting hurt during the Stadium Series game against Pittsburgh on March 1, is aiming to get back in the ‘Hawks lineup in the next few days. As Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com shares, Hossa said he’s feeling good.
“It’s actually better than [Thursday], which is a good sign,” he said. “You’re never happy when (you’re hurt) but that’s part of the sport. You have to make sure you heal as quickly as possible and be back right away but you also have to take some time. Hopefully the time will come against one of those two (Wings or Flyers).”
The Blackhawks have lost three out of the five games Hossa has missed, including two straight 3-2 losses to Colorado and Nashville. There’s no doubt they’re better with him in the lineup, but they’ve only been slight world beaters without him.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (121)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)