Mar 15, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Marian Hossa‘s absence from the Chicago Blackhawks may be coming to an end soon.
Hossa, who’s been out with an upper-body injury since getting hurt during the Stadium Series game against Pittsburgh on March 1, is aiming to get back in the ‘Hawks lineup in the next few days. As Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com shares, Hossa said he’s feeling good.
“It’s actually better than [Thursday], which is a good sign,” he said. “You’re never happy when (you’re hurt) but that’s part of the sport. You have to make sure you heal as quickly as possible and be back right away but you also have to take some time. Hopefully the time will come against one of those two (Wings or Flyers).”
The Blackhawks have lost three out of the five games Hossa has missed, including two straight 3-2 losses to Colorado and Nashville. There’s no doubt they’re better with him in the lineup, but they’ve only been slight world beaters without him.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)