Mar 15, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Marian Hossa‘s absence from the Chicago Blackhawks may be coming to an end soon.
Hossa, who’s been out with an upper-body injury since getting hurt during the Stadium Series game against Pittsburgh on March 1, is aiming to get back in the ‘Hawks lineup in the next few days. As Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com shares, Hossa said he’s feeling good.
“It’s actually better than [Thursday], which is a good sign,” he said. “You’re never happy when (you’re hurt) but that’s part of the sport. You have to make sure you heal as quickly as possible and be back right away but you also have to take some time. Hopefully the time will come against one of those two (Wings or Flyers).”
The Blackhawks have lost three out of the five games Hossa has missed, including two straight 3-2 losses to Colorado and Nashville. There’s no doubt they’re better with him in the lineup, but they’ve only been slight world beaters without him.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 0
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 23
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25