Mar 15, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
Johnston reports the Leafs kept Bernier off the ice at practice on Saturday in favor of off-ice treatment and are debating whether or not to send him back to Toronto for an MRI or just have one done in Washington. The Leafs face the Capitals on Sunday afternoon.
In the meantime, Reimer is feeling fine after getting run by Anze Kopitar on Thursday and is ready to take the reins for however long Bernier is out for.
Before you get too worked up about the “backup” having to start, just remember Reimer took the Leafs to the playoffs last season and has a .915 save percentage this season.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 0
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 5
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47