Mar 15, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
Johnston reports the Leafs kept Bernier off the ice at practice on Saturday in favor of off-ice treatment and are debating whether or not to send him back to Toronto for an MRI or just have one done in Washington. The Leafs face the Capitals on Sunday afternoon.
In the meantime, Reimer is feeling fine after getting run by Anze Kopitar on Thursday and is ready to take the reins for however long Bernier is out for.
Before you get too worked up about the “backup” having to start, just remember Reimer took the Leafs to the playoffs last season and has a .915 save percentage this season.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (44)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)