Mar 15, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
Johnston reports the Leafs kept Bernier off the ice at practice on Saturday in favor of off-ice treatment and are debating whether or not to send him back to Toronto for an MRI or just have one done in Washington. The Leafs face the Capitals on Sunday afternoon.
In the meantime, Reimer is feeling fine after getting run by Anze Kopitar on Thursday and is ready to take the reins for however long Bernier is out for.
Before you get too worked up about the “backup” having to start, just remember Reimer took the Leafs to the playoffs last season and has a .915 save percentage this season.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 18
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 41
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)