Mar 15, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
Johnston reports the Leafs kept Bernier off the ice at practice on Saturday in favor of off-ice treatment and are debating whether or not to send him back to Toronto for an MRI or just have one done in Washington. The Leafs face the Capitals on Sunday afternoon.
In the meantime, Reimer is feeling fine after getting run by Anze Kopitar on Thursday and is ready to take the reins for however long Bernier is out for.
Before you get too worked up about the “backup” having to start, just remember Reimer took the Leafs to the playoffs last season and has a .915 save percentage this season.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)