Mar 15, 2014, 8:12 PM EDT
With the game on the line Thursday against the Toronto Maple Leafs, Dustin Brown was on the bench.
That’s where he remained for the final seven minutes of the third period in what was a 3-2 Toronto victory over Brown and the Kings. And now, due to illness, he might not be in the lineup for the Kings when they take on the Anaheim Ducks in an all-California Pacific Division showdown Saturday.
At least, that’s according to a report from LA Kings Insider.
He talked about Thursday’s benching earlier in the day. It was another tough situation to find himself in, in what has been an overall difficult 2013-2014 season.
Brown has only 12 goals on the season. Previously, his lowest total in a season in which he played more than 40 regular season games was 14, back in 2005-06.
“As a player you’re not happy but, he’s the coach and I’m the player and that’s how it works,” Brown said, as per NHL.com.
“We discussed it briefly. It’s one of those things where, as a player I can contribute more and he thought our line was not as good.
“I haven’t had a very good year. I’m the first one to say that. I think coming out of the Olympic break I’ve been playing a lot better, feeling a lot better. My mindset’s just different. Now it’s just about working my way back to where I’m capable of playing. I’ve always done PK. Again … I’ve got to work my way back into it.”
Updated: As per Helene Elliott of the L.A. Times, Brown is scratched from the Kings’ lineup.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 117
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (117)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)