Mar 14, 2014, 11:42 AM EDT
Tonight’s Dallas-Calgary game is a big one in terms of Western Conference playoff seeding, and one the Stars will go into decidedly shorthanded.
Eakin was injured after taking a puck off the foot in Tuesday’s win over St. Louis; Horcoff was hurt at yesterday’s practice and didn’t take today’s morning skate. With those two and Peverley out of the picture, Dallas will now be forced to play a trio of AHLers at forward (Colton Sceviour, Travis Morin, Chris Mueller) and will elevate veteran Vern Fiddler to a second-line center role.
As for Lehtonen, he did resume skating today after suffering a concussion over the weekend. The Finnish netminder isn’t expected to return tonight, though, meaning it’s likely Tim Thomas‘ start in goal.
Dallas heads into tonight’s action one point up on Phoenix for the final wild card spot in the West, and four up on 10th place Vancouver. Only one of those two is in action this evening — Vancouver takes on the ‘Caps in Washington — while the Coyotes take on the Flames on Saturday at Jobing.com.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22