Mar 14, 2014, 11:42 AM EDT
Tonight’s Dallas-Calgary game is a big one in terms of Western Conference playoff seeding, and one the Stars will go into decidedly shorthanded.
Eakin was injured after taking a puck off the foot in Tuesday’s win over St. Louis; Horcoff was hurt at yesterday’s practice and didn’t take today’s morning skate. With those two and Peverley out of the picture, Dallas will now be forced to play a trio of AHLers at forward (Colton Sceviour, Travis Morin, Chris Mueller) and will elevate veteran Vern Fiddler to a second-line center role.
As for Lehtonen, he did resume skating today after suffering a concussion over the weekend. The Finnish netminder isn’t expected to return tonight, though, meaning it’s likely Tim Thomas‘ start in goal.
Dallas heads into tonight’s action one point up on Phoenix for the final wild card spot in the West, and four up on 10th place Vancouver. Only one of those two is in action this evening — Vancouver takes on the ‘Caps in Washington — while the Coyotes take on the Flames on Saturday at Jobing.com.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 7
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 29
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)