Mar 14, 2014, 11:42 AM EST
Tonight’s Dallas-Calgary game is a big one in terms of Western Conference playoff seeding, and one the Stars will go into decidedly shorthanded.
Eakin was injured after taking a puck off the foot in Tuesday’s win over St. Louis; Horcoff was hurt at yesterday’s practice and didn’t take today’s morning skate. With those two and Peverley out of the picture, Dallas will now be forced to play a trio of AHLers at forward (Colton Sceviour, Travis Morin, Chris Mueller) and will elevate veteran Vern Fiddler to a second-line center role.
As for Lehtonen, he did resume skating today after suffering a concussion over the weekend. The Finnish netminder isn’t expected to return tonight, though, meaning it’s likely Tim Thomas‘ start in goal.
Dallas heads into tonight’s action one point up on Phoenix for the final wild card spot in the West, and four up on 10th place Vancouver. Only one of those two is in action this evening — Vancouver takes on the ‘Caps in Washington — while the Coyotes take on the Flames on Saturday at Jobing.com.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28