Mar 14, 2014, 11:42 AM EDT
Tonight’s Dallas-Calgary game is a big one in terms of Western Conference playoff seeding, and one the Stars will go into decidedly shorthanded.
Eakin was injured after taking a puck off the foot in Tuesday’s win over St. Louis; Horcoff was hurt at yesterday’s practice and didn’t take today’s morning skate. With those two and Peverley out of the picture, Dallas will now be forced to play a trio of AHLers at forward (Colton Sceviour, Travis Morin, Chris Mueller) and will elevate veteran Vern Fiddler to a second-line center role.
As for Lehtonen, he did resume skating today after suffering a concussion over the weekend. The Finnish netminder isn’t expected to return tonight, though, meaning it’s likely Tim Thomas‘ start in goal.
Dallas heads into tonight’s action one point up on Phoenix for the final wild card spot in the West, and four up on 10th place Vancouver. Only one of those two is in action this evening — Vancouver takes on the ‘Caps in Washington — while the Coyotes take on the Flames on Saturday at Jobing.com.
- Sabres name Byslma head coach 0
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 3
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 45
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 47
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)