Mar 14, 2014, 9:23 PM EDT
Win or lose, it looks like the Winnipeg Jets will leave Friday’s game against the New York Rangers with more than a few bruises.
Ondrej Pavelec left tonight’s game with an undisclosed injury and is questionable to return, as the team notes. Whether he returns or not, this team will be a little black and blue following this bout, as Tobias Enstrom and Chris Thorburn had their own scares.
(Thorburn won’t return thanks to a lower-body injury.)
Winnipeg needs every standings point it can get while the Rangers hold a slim hold on one of the Metropolitan Division’s top three spots as of this writing, so Winnipeg will need to shake off these obstacles tonight and through the rest of the stretch run.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 3
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 18
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)