Mar 14, 2014, 9:23 PM EDT
Win or lose, it looks like the Winnipeg Jets will leave Friday’s game against the New York Rangers with more than a few bruises.
Ondrej Pavelec left tonight’s game with an undisclosed injury and is questionable to return, as the team notes. Whether he returns or not, this team will be a little black and blue following this bout, as Tobias Enstrom and Chris Thorburn had their own scares.
(Thorburn won’t return thanks to a lower-body injury.)
Winnipeg needs every standings point it can get while the Rangers hold a slim hold on one of the Metropolitan Division’s top three spots as of this writing, so Winnipeg will need to shake off these obstacles tonight and through the rest of the stretch run.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)