Mar 14, 2014, 9:23 PM EDT
Win or lose, it looks like the Winnipeg Jets will leave Friday’s game against the New York Rangers with more than a few bruises.
Ondrej Pavelec left tonight’s game with an undisclosed injury and is questionable to return, as the team notes. Whether he returns or not, this team will be a little black and blue following this bout, as Tobias Enstrom and Chris Thorburn had their own scares.
(Thorburn won’t return thanks to a lower-body injury.)
Winnipeg needs every standings point it can get while the Rangers hold a slim hold on one of the Metropolitan Division’s top three spots as of this writing, so Winnipeg will need to shake off these obstacles tonight and through the rest of the stretch run.
- Chicago mayor rips Lightning for being ‘afraid’ to sell tickets to Blackhawks fans 0
- PHT’s Stanley Cup Final picks, once again featuring The Coin 0
- Habs sign Petry to a six-year, $33 million extension 22
- ‘Home-grown talent’ a staple of Blackhawks and Lightning 6
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? 54
- Bishop: ‘Taller guys…can be just as athletic as the smaller guys’ 6
- Tire pump? Yzerman says Toews is ‘bigger, stronger, better’ than he was 25
- Devils officially announce John Hynes, becomes youngest NHL coach 11
- PHT arrives in Tampa, gets soaked (oh, and today is Media Day) 6
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (87)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Is it fair to hold cap teams to old dynasty standards? (74)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)