Mar 14, 2014, 9:23 PM EDT
Win or lose, it looks like the Winnipeg Jets will leave Friday’s game against the New York Rangers with more than a few bruises.
Ondrej Pavelec left tonight’s game with an undisclosed injury and is questionable to return, as the team notes. Whether he returns or not, this team will be a little black and blue following this bout, as Tobias Enstrom and Chris Thorburn had their own scares.
(Thorburn won’t return thanks to a lower-body injury.)
Winnipeg needs every standings point it can get while the Rangers hold a slim hold on one of the Metropolitan Division’s top three spots as of this writing, so Winnipeg will need to shake off these obstacles tonight and through the rest of the stretch run.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 71
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5