Mar 14, 2014, 9:23 PM EDT
Win or lose, it looks like the Winnipeg Jets will leave Friday’s game against the New York Rangers with more than a few bruises.
Ondrej Pavelec left tonight’s game with an undisclosed injury and is questionable to return, as the team notes. Whether he returns or not, this team will be a little black and blue following this bout, as Tobias Enstrom and Chris Thorburn had their own scares.
(Thorburn won’t return thanks to a lower-body injury.)
Winnipeg needs every standings point it can get while the Rangers hold a slim hold on one of the Metropolitan Division’s top three spots as of this writing, so Winnipeg will need to shake off these obstacles tonight and through the rest of the stretch run.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)