Mar 14, 2014, 8:04 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens provided an update about prospect Tim Bozon, who was placed into an induced coma after being in critical condition because of a diagnosed case of bacterial meningitis stemming back to March 1. While Bozon, 19, remains in critical condition and in that induced coma, the team also announced that he’s “stable and improving.”
Here’s the majority of that release from the Habs:
Tim Bozon remains in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Royal University Hospital in Saskatoon after being admitted on March 1 with Neisseria Meningitis. He remains in ICU however doctors have indicated his condition remains critical but stable and improving. He has been in an induced coma since being admitted to the ICU but doctors are now working to slowly wake him. His family has indicated that Tim has responded to verbal stimuli.
Tim’s parents, Philippe and Helene, have been overwhelmed by the e-mail and social media messages from people around the world showing support for their son. The family is very appreciative and will respond sometime in the near future. The family also wants to express thanks to the doctors and staff at Royal University Hospital for the care Tim has received.
There have been many enquiries from individuals and organizations wanting to make donations to assist the family during this difficult time. The Western Hockey League (WHL) has established a trust fund to assist the Bozon family with medical and rehabilitation costs as insurance coverage is limited. Details regarding the “Tim Bozon Trust” will be released by the WHL later this week.
Montreal made Bozon (pictured on the right) the 64th pick of the 2012 NHL Draft. He put together a nice first season with the WHL’s Kootenay Ice (62 points in 50 games) before his health issues cropped up.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)