Mar 14, 2014, 6:34 PM EDT
It’s been an up-and-down season for Gagner, who only has seven goals after posting at least 13 through the first six seasons of his career, including the abbreviated 2012-13 campaign. Gagner’s season started off rocky thanks to a high-sticking infraction by Vancouver Canucks forward Zack Kassian. While plus/minus is a derided stat, it can occasionally at least depict a tough season, and that seems valid enough with Gagner’s -20 mark (especially since his offensive numbers leave a lot to be desired).
Lander, 22, gets a great chance to post his first point of the season between those two potent Oilers wingers. He’s gone 12 games without a goal or an assist so far in 2013-14.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5