Mar 14, 2014, 2:19 PM EST
Fans of former Vancouver Canucks should pay close attention to tonight’s Panthers-Devils game in Florida.
The goaltending matchup will feature ex-Vancouver goalies Roberto Luongo (now with the Panthers) and Cory Schneider (now with the Devils) — which, as many have pointed out, is a pretty amusing considering the two were Canucks teammates just nine months ago.
Here’s front page imagery from the Panthers website:
You’ll notice in the middle of that advert that tonight is also Dale Tallon bobblehead night.
Tallon, of course, was the first-ever draft pick in Canucks history, taken second overall at the 1970 NHL Entry Draft. Tallon proceeded to spend three years playing in Vancouver, scoring a career-high 17 goals in his sophomore campaign while representing the Canucks at the 1971 and ’72 All-Star Games.
Per the Panthers’ Instagram account, here’s what the Tallon bobblehead looks like (next to the Brian Skrudland bobblehead, which will be given out on April. 4):
These are the final two bobbleheads in Florida’s season-long commemorative bobblehead giveaway series. Other Panthers bobbleheads included the John Vanbiesbrouck bobblehead, the Pavel Bure bobblehead and the Scott Mellanby bobblehead, all of which ensured I just set an unofficial record for most uses of the word bobblehead in a single post.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 13
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 2
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 77
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2