Mar 14, 2014, 2:19 PM EDT
Fans of former Vancouver Canucks should pay close attention to tonight’s Panthers-Devils game in Florida.
The goaltending matchup will feature ex-Vancouver goalies Roberto Luongo (now with the Panthers) and Cory Schneider (now with the Devils) — which, as many have pointed out, is a pretty amusing considering the two were Canucks teammates just nine months ago.
Here’s front page imagery from the Panthers website:
You’ll notice in the middle of that advert that tonight is also Dale Tallon bobblehead night.
Tallon, of course, was the first-ever draft pick in Canucks history, taken second overall at the 1970 NHL Entry Draft. Tallon proceeded to spend three years playing in Vancouver, scoring a career-high 17 goals in his sophomore campaign while representing the Canucks at the 1971 and ’72 All-Star Games.
Per the Panthers’ Instagram account, here’s what the Tallon bobblehead looks like (next to the Brian Skrudland bobblehead, which will be given out on April. 4):
These are the final two bobbleheads in Florida’s season-long commemorative bobblehead giveaway series. Other Panthers bobbleheads included the John Vanbiesbrouck bobblehead, the Pavel Bure bobblehead and the Scott Mellanby bobblehead, all of which ensured I just set an unofficial record for most uses of the word bobblehead in a single post.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 0
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 105
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (105)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)