Mar 14, 2014, 2:19 PM EDT
Fans of former Vancouver Canucks should pay close attention to tonight’s Panthers-Devils game in Florida.
The goaltending matchup will feature ex-Vancouver goalies Roberto Luongo (now with the Panthers) and Cory Schneider (now with the Devils) — which, as many have pointed out, is a pretty amusing considering the two were Canucks teammates just nine months ago.
Here’s front page imagery from the Panthers website:
You’ll notice in the middle of that advert that tonight is also Dale Tallon bobblehead night.
Tallon, of course, was the first-ever draft pick in Canucks history, taken second overall at the 1970 NHL Entry Draft. Tallon proceeded to spend three years playing in Vancouver, scoring a career-high 17 goals in his sophomore campaign while representing the Canucks at the 1971 and ’72 All-Star Games.
Per the Panthers’ Instagram account, here’s what the Tallon bobblehead looks like (next to the Brian Skrudland bobblehead, which will be given out on April. 4):
These are the final two bobbleheads in Florida’s season-long commemorative bobblehead giveaway series. Other Panthers bobbleheads included the John Vanbiesbrouck bobblehead, the Pavel Bure bobblehead and the Scott Mellanby bobblehead, all of which ensured I just set an unofficial record for most uses of the word bobblehead in a single post.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20