Mar 14, 2014, 2:19 PM EST
Fans of former Vancouver Canucks should pay close attention to tonight’s Panthers-Devils game in Florida.
The goaltending matchup will feature ex-Vancouver goalies Roberto Luongo (now with the Panthers) and Cory Schneider (now with the Devils) — which, as many have pointed out, is a pretty amusing considering the two were Canucks teammates just nine months ago.
Here’s front page imagery from the Panthers website:
You’ll notice in the middle of that advert that tonight is also Dale Tallon bobblehead night.
Tallon, of course, was the first-ever draft pick in Canucks history, taken second overall at the 1970 NHL Entry Draft. Tallon proceeded to spend three years playing in Vancouver, scoring a career-high 17 goals in his sophomore campaign while representing the Canucks at the 1971 and ’72 All-Star Games.
Per the Panthers’ Instagram account, here’s what the Tallon bobblehead looks like (next to the Brian Skrudland bobblehead, which will be given out on April. 4):
These are the final two bobbleheads in Florida’s season-long commemorative bobblehead giveaway series. Other Panthers bobbleheads included the John Vanbiesbrouck bobblehead, the Pavel Bure bobblehead and the Scott Mellanby bobblehead, all of which ensured I just set an unofficial record for most uses of the word bobblehead in a single post.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 42
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11