Mar 14, 2014, 2:19 PM EDT
Fans of former Vancouver Canucks should pay close attention to tonight’s Panthers-Devils game in Florida.
The goaltending matchup will feature ex-Vancouver goalies Roberto Luongo (now with the Panthers) and Cory Schneider (now with the Devils) — which, as many have pointed out, is a pretty amusing considering the two were Canucks teammates just nine months ago.
Here’s front page imagery from the Panthers website:
You’ll notice in the middle of that advert that tonight is also Dale Tallon bobblehead night.
Tallon, of course, was the first-ever draft pick in Canucks history, taken second overall at the 1970 NHL Entry Draft. Tallon proceeded to spend three years playing in Vancouver, scoring a career-high 17 goals in his sophomore campaign while representing the Canucks at the 1971 and ’72 All-Star Games.
Per the Panthers’ Instagram account, here’s what the Tallon bobblehead looks like (next to the Brian Skrudland bobblehead, which will be given out on April. 4):
These are the final two bobbleheads in Florida’s season-long commemorative bobblehead giveaway series. Other Panthers bobbleheads included the John Vanbiesbrouck bobblehead, the Pavel Bure bobblehead and the Scott Mellanby bobblehead, all of which ensured I just set an unofficial record for most uses of the word bobblehead in a single post.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)