Mar 14, 2014, 8:56 PM EDT
Teemu Selanne and the Anaheim Ducks hope to turn things around as they face the Colorado Avalanche on Friday. Sometimes that means trying new things, which in this case means moving the 43-year-old to the top line.
On one hand, it’s a great opportunity alongside Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry, as Lisa Hillary notes. That being said, the long-time right-winger must adjust to playing on the right side, so the OC Register notes potential mixed feelings.
“The Finnish Flash” hasn’t scored a point in his last six games and hasn’t scored a goal since he collected two tallies on Jan. 15 (not counting his fantastic Olympic performances, mind you). The Ducks have lost four in a row on their own, potentially hurting themselves seeding-wise.
In other words, Anaheim head coach Bruce Boudreau is justified in mixing things up, whether this change is temporary or helps Selanne hit the double digit mark in goals for the 21st season (he has seven right now).
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 4
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 36
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)