Mar 14, 2014, 8:56 PM EST
Teemu Selanne and the Anaheim Ducks hope to turn things around as they face the Colorado Avalanche on Friday. Sometimes that means trying new things, which in this case means moving the 43-year-old to the top line.
On one hand, it’s a great opportunity alongside Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry, as Lisa Hillary notes. That being said, the long-time right-winger must adjust to playing on the right side, so the OC Register notes potential mixed feelings.
“The Finnish Flash” hasn’t scored a point in his last six games and hasn’t scored a goal since he collected two tallies on Jan. 15 (not counting his fantastic Olympic performances, mind you). The Ducks have lost four in a row on their own, potentially hurting themselves seeding-wise.
In other words, Anaheim head coach Bruce Boudreau is justified in mixing things up, whether this change is temporary or helps Selanne hit the double digit mark in goals for the 21st season (he has seven right now).
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)