Mar 14, 2014, 8:56 PM EDT
Teemu Selanne and the Anaheim Ducks hope to turn things around as they face the Colorado Avalanche on Friday. Sometimes that means trying new things, which in this case means moving the 43-year-old to the top line.
On one hand, it’s a great opportunity alongside Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry, as Lisa Hillary notes. That being said, the long-time right-winger must adjust to playing on the right side, so the OC Register notes potential mixed feelings.
“The Finnish Flash” hasn’t scored a point in his last six games and hasn’t scored a goal since he collected two tallies on Jan. 15 (not counting his fantastic Olympic performances, mind you). The Ducks have lost four in a row on their own, potentially hurting themselves seeding-wise.
In other words, Anaheim head coach Bruce Boudreau is justified in mixing things up, whether this change is temporary or helps Selanne hit the double digit mark in goals for the 21st season (he has seven right now).
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)