Mar 14, 2014, 11:54 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks are facing some serious pressure from the San Jose Sharks when it comes to the Pacific Division lead, but they moved back into that top spot with a 6-4 win against the Colorado Avalanche on Friday night.
They also ended a four-game losing streak while Teemu Selanne stopped a six-game pointless drought as they won a wild contest.
Colorado’s newly re-signed John Mitchell scored the only goal of the opening frame while the final one went without a tally, but it was the second period that really raised eyebrows, as the two teams combined for nine goals. The Ducks tied it up and then went behind again 2-1 only to rattle off four straight goals before the Avs generated two goals in about 30 seconds to make it 5-4. Mathieu Perreault ended that nine-goal barrage with an insurance goal at the 19:11 mark of the period.
It’s probably easiest just to look at it in terms of the box score via NHL.com:
Video highlights will be added if a package of those nine goals is made available. Check with PHT’s upcoming West playoff update for other seeding implications from this game.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)