Mar 14, 2014, 11:54 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks are facing some serious pressure from the San Jose Sharks when it comes to the Pacific Division lead, but they moved back into that top spot with a 6-4 win against the Colorado Avalanche on Friday night.
They also ended a four-game losing streak while Teemu Selanne stopped a six-game pointless drought as they won a wild contest.
Colorado’s newly re-signed John Mitchell scored the only goal of the opening frame while the final one went without a tally, but it was the second period that really raised eyebrows, as the two teams combined for nine goals. The Ducks tied it up and then went behind again 2-1 only to rattle off four straight goals before the Avs generated two goals in about 30 seconds to make it 5-4. Mathieu Perreault ended that nine-goal barrage with an insurance goal at the 19:11 mark of the period.
It’s probably easiest just to look at it in terms of the box score via NHL.com:
Video highlights will be added if a package of those nine goals is made available. Check with PHT’s upcoming West playoff update for other seeding implications from this game.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 15
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 110
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (111)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)