Mar 14, 2014, 11:54 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks are facing some serious pressure from the San Jose Sharks when it comes to the Pacific Division lead, but they moved back into that top spot with a 6-4 win against the Colorado Avalanche on Friday night.
They also ended a four-game losing streak while Teemu Selanne stopped a six-game pointless drought as they won a wild contest.
Colorado’s newly re-signed John Mitchell scored the only goal of the opening frame while the final one went without a tally, but it was the second period that really raised eyebrows, as the two teams combined for nine goals. The Ducks tied it up and then went behind again 2-1 only to rattle off four straight goals before the Avs generated two goals in about 30 seconds to make it 5-4. Mathieu Perreault ended that nine-goal barrage with an insurance goal at the 19:11 mark of the period.
It’s probably easiest just to look at it in terms of the box score via NHL.com:
Video highlights will be added if a package of those nine goals is made available. Check with PHT’s upcoming West playoff update for other seeding implications from this game.
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 26
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)