Mar 14, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals topped the Vancouver Canucks 4-3 in a game between two troubled teams fighting desperately to climb in their respective playoff bubble races.
Washington coughed up a 1-0 and 3-1 lead to make things interesting, yet they ultimately came up with a regulation win. Mike Green scored the game-winner, with Nicklas Backstrom and Evgeny Kuznetsov getting the assists; Kuznetsov finished the night with three helpers.
We’ll see how much this helps the Capitals, who’ve played more games than some of the other bubble teams in the East. This defeat definitely hurts Vancouver’s chances, however.
To Washington, it’s a big win, but there is still work to do.
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 5
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 5
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 13
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)