Mar 14, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
Update: Mitchell’s three-year deal is worth $5.4 million overall while Berra gets $4.35 million over three years, according to the Denver Post’s Adrian Dater.
Mitchell, 29, has 23 points in 65 games as a center for Colorado this season. This is his second year with the Avs.
Berra, 27, was a surprise addition to the fold during the trade deadline, as the Avalanche sent a second-round draft pick to the Calgary Flames for a goalie who’s had an unremarkable start to his NHL career. Executive vice president of hockey operations Joe Sakic backs up the team’s apparent belief in his skills.
“As I mentioned when we acquired Reto, we strongly believe in his abilities,” Sakic said. “He has size and skill and will help solidify our goaltending position for years to come.”
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 9
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 52
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)