Mar 14, 2014, 7:49 PM EST
Update: Mitchell’s three-year deal is worth $5.4 million overall while Berra gets $4.35 million over three years, according to the Denver Post’s Adrian Dater.
Mitchell, 29, has 23 points in 65 games as a center for Colorado this season. This is his second year with the Avs.
Berra, 27, was a surprise addition to the fold during the trade deadline, as the Avalanche sent a second-round draft pick to the Calgary Flames for a goalie who’s had an unremarkable start to his NHL career. Executive vice president of hockey operations Joe Sakic backs up the team’s apparent belief in his skills.
“As I mentioned when we acquired Reto, we strongly believe in his abilities,” Sakic said. “He has size and skill and will help solidify our goaltending position for years to come.”
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 3
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)