Mar 14, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
Update: Mitchell’s three-year deal is worth $5.4 million overall while Berra gets $4.35 million over three years, according to the Denver Post’s Adrian Dater.
Mitchell, 29, has 23 points in 65 games as a center for Colorado this season. This is his second year with the Avs.
Berra, 27, was a surprise addition to the fold during the trade deadline, as the Avalanche sent a second-round draft pick to the Calgary Flames for a goalie who’s had an unremarkable start to his NHL career. Executive vice president of hockey operations Joe Sakic backs up the team’s apparent belief in his skills.
“As I mentioned when we acquired Reto, we strongly believe in his abilities,” Sakic said. “He has size and skill and will help solidify our goaltending position for years to come.”
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 17
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)