Mar 13, 2014, 10:04 PM EDT
It was a familiar scene that hockey fans haven’t seen in a long time. Steven Stamkos, from one knee, blasted home a one-time slap shot for a power play goal in the Tampa Bay Lightning’s 5-4 victory over the Florida Panthers on Thursday.
But for the 24-year-old Stamkos, it was his first goal since Nov. 9. He returned to the lineup only last week, as the club’s new captain, after missing almost four full months with a broken tibia suffered on Nov. 11.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 24
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50