Mar 13, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
Patrick Kane put on a dazzling display of the skills he possesses, scoring a beautiful goal for the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday.
Kane went inside-out on Colorado Avalanche veteran defenseman Jan Hejda, then went top corner with the backhand on Semyon Varlamov to get Chicago on the board. That cut the Avalanche’s two-goal lead in half.
But in the end, the Blackhawks still couldn’t pull off the comeback in a 3-2 loss to the Avalanche. With Wednesday’s result, the Avalanche moved past the Blackhawks and into second in the Central Division standings.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 15
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 25
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)