Mar 13, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
Patrick Kane put on a dazzling display of the skills he possesses, scoring a beautiful goal for the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday.
Kane went inside-out on Colorado Avalanche veteran defenseman Jan Hejda, then went top corner with the backhand on Semyon Varlamov to get Chicago on the board. That cut the Avalanche’s two-goal lead in half.
But in the end, the Blackhawks still couldn’t pull off the comeback in a 3-2 loss to the Avalanche. With Wednesday’s result, the Avalanche moved past the Blackhawks and into second in the Central Division standings.
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 6
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 36
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)