Mar 13, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
Patrick Kane put on a dazzling display of the skills he possesses, scoring a beautiful goal for the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday.
Kane went inside-out on Colorado Avalanche veteran defenseman Jan Hejda, then went top corner with the backhand on Semyon Varlamov to get Chicago on the board. That cut the Avalanche’s two-goal lead in half.
But in the end, the Blackhawks still couldn’t pull off the comeback in a 3-2 loss to the Avalanche. With Wednesday’s result, the Avalanche moved past the Blackhawks and into second in the Central Division standings.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 0
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 21
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 29
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 3
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)