Mar 13, 2014, 12:27 AM EST
Patrick Kane put on a dazzling display of the skills he possesses, scoring a beautiful goal for the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday.
Kane went inside-out on Colorado Avalanche veteran defenseman Jan Hejda, then went top corner with the backhand on Semyon Varlamov to get Chicago on the board. That cut the Avalanche’s two-goal lead in half.
But in the end, the Blackhawks still couldn’t pull off the comeback in a 3-2 loss to the Avalanche. With Wednesday’s result, the Avalanche moved past the Blackhawks and into second in the Central Division standings.
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 15
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 2
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)