Mar 13, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
Patrick Kane put on a dazzling display of the skills he possesses, scoring a beautiful goal for the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday.
Kane went inside-out on Colorado Avalanche veteran defenseman Jan Hejda, then went top corner with the backhand on Semyon Varlamov to get Chicago on the board. That cut the Avalanche’s two-goal lead in half.
But in the end, the Blackhawks still couldn’t pull off the comeback in a 3-2 loss to the Avalanche. With Wednesday’s result, the Avalanche moved past the Blackhawks and into second in the Central Division standings.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 68
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 32
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 22
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)