Mar 13, 2014, 11:44 PM EDT
His deflection on an odd-man rush gave the Kings the lead less than two minutes into their game against the visiting Toronto Maple Leafs.
The Kings got out of the first period with a 2-1 lead, but it could’ve been more, if not for the play of Leafs goalie Jonathan Bernier, who was making his return to L.A.
Bernier made an amazing right pad save on Anze Kopitar, who was looking at what was a wide open net off the rebound.
Bernier was removed from the game to begin the second period. James Reimer started the second period for the Leafs.
Bernier out with lower body injury. Will not return.—
Kevin McGran (@kevin_mcgran) March 14, 2014
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)