Mar 13, 2014, 11:44 PM EST
His deflection on an odd-man rush gave the Kings the lead less than two minutes into their game against the visiting Toronto Maple Leafs.
The Kings got out of the first period with a 2-1 lead, but it could’ve been more, if not for the play of Leafs goalie Jonathan Bernier, who was making his return to L.A.
Bernier made an amazing right pad save on Anze Kopitar, who was looking at what was a wide open net off the rebound.
Bernier was removed from the game to begin the second period. James Reimer started the second period for the Leafs.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)