Mar 13, 2014, 11:44 PM EDT
His deflection on an odd-man rush gave the Kings the lead less than two minutes into their game against the visiting Toronto Maple Leafs.
The Kings got out of the first period with a 2-1 lead, but it could’ve been more, if not for the play of Leafs goalie Jonathan Bernier, who was making his return to L.A.
Bernier made an amazing right pad save on Anze Kopitar, who was looking at what was a wide open net off the rebound.
Bernier was removed from the game to begin the second period. James Reimer started the second period for the Leafs.
Bernier out with lower body injury. Will not return.—
Kevin McGran (@kevin_mcgran) March 14, 2014
- In praise of John Tavares 3
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 12
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31