Mar 13, 2014, 11:44 PM EDT
His deflection on an odd-man rush gave the Kings the lead less than two minutes into their game against the visiting Toronto Maple Leafs.
The Kings got out of the first period with a 2-1 lead, but it could’ve been more, if not for the play of Leafs goalie Jonathan Bernier, who was making his return to L.A.
Bernier made an amazing right pad save on Anze Kopitar, who was looking at what was a wide open net off the rebound.
Bernier was removed from the game to begin the second period. James Reimer started the second period for the Leafs.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 33
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 47
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)