Mar 13, 2014, 11:44 PM EDT
His deflection on an odd-man rush gave the Kings the lead less than two minutes into their game against the visiting Toronto Maple Leafs.
The Kings got out of the first period with a 2-1 lead, but it could’ve been more, if not for the play of Leafs goalie Jonathan Bernier, who was making his return to L.A.
Bernier made an amazing right pad save on Anze Kopitar, who was looking at what was a wide open net off the rebound.
Bernier was removed from the game to begin the second period. James Reimer started the second period for the Leafs.
Bernier out with lower body injury. Will not return.—
Kevin McGran (@kevin_mcgran) March 14, 2014
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (44)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)