Mar 13, 2014, 1:47 AM EST
The result was never in question, but that didn’t lessen the excitement of Corban Knight when he scored his first National Hockey League goal on Wednesday.
Knight scored Calgary’s seventh goal in a 7-2 victory over the Pacific Division-leading Anaheim Ducks, spinning and then taking a slap shot from the slot. Knight, 23, was playing in his fifth NHL game.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 22
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11