Mar 13, 2014, 1:47 AM EDT
The result was never in question, but that didn’t lessen the excitement of Corban Knight when he scored his first National Hockey League goal on Wednesday.
Knight scored Calgary’s seventh goal in a 7-2 victory over the Pacific Division-leading Anaheim Ducks, spinning and then taking a slap shot from the slot. Knight, 23, was playing in his fifth NHL game.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53