Mar 13, 2014, 1:47 AM EDT
The result was never in question, but that didn’t lessen the excitement of Corban Knight when he scored his first National Hockey League goal on Wednesday.
Knight scored Calgary’s seventh goal in a 7-2 victory over the Pacific Division-leading Anaheim Ducks, spinning and then taking a slap shot from the slot. Knight, 23, was playing in his fifth NHL game.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5