Mar 13, 2014, 11:16 PM EST
In a battle of two Eastern Conference teams well out of the playoff race, Buffalo Sabres goalie Michal Neuvirth gave fans something worth talking about against the Carolina Hurricanes.
Neuvirth saw a constant stream of rubber, forced to make 51 saves, but the Sabres still lost by a final score of 4-2. The Sabres, at the bottom of the Atlantic Division, have now lost four consecutive games. The Hurricanes, 13th in the Eastern Conference and six points out of a playoff spot, have a modest two-game winning streak thanks to Thursday’s result, although they’ve won only three times in their last 10 games.
But the big story on this night was Neuvirth, picked up in a late deal at last week’s trade deadline.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 16
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29