Mar 13, 2014, 11:16 PM EDT
In a battle of two Eastern Conference teams well out of the playoff race, Buffalo Sabres goalie Michal Neuvirth gave fans something worth talking about against the Carolina Hurricanes.
Neuvirth saw a constant stream of rubber, forced to make 51 saves, but the Sabres still lost by a final score of 4-2. The Sabres, at the bottom of the Atlantic Division, have now lost four consecutive games. The Hurricanes, 13th in the Eastern Conference and six points out of a playoff spot, have a modest two-game winning streak thanks to Thursday’s result, although they’ve won only three times in their last 10 games.
But the big story on this night was Neuvirth, picked up in a late deal at last week’s trade deadline.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 49
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)