Mar 13, 2014, 11:16 PM EDT
In a battle of two Eastern Conference teams well out of the playoff race, Buffalo Sabres goalie Michal Neuvirth gave fans something worth talking about against the Carolina Hurricanes.
Neuvirth saw a constant stream of rubber, forced to make 51 saves, but the Sabres still lost by a final score of 4-2. The Sabres, at the bottom of the Atlantic Division, have now lost four consecutive games. The Hurricanes, 13th in the Eastern Conference and six points out of a playoff spot, have a modest two-game winning streak thanks to Thursday’s result, although they’ve won only three times in their last 10 games.
But the big story on this night was Neuvirth, picked up in a late deal at last week’s trade deadline.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5