Mar 13, 2014, 11:16 PM EST
In a battle of two Eastern Conference teams well out of the playoff race, Buffalo Sabres goalie Michal Neuvirth gave fans something worth talking about against the Carolina Hurricanes.
Neuvirth saw a constant stream of rubber, forced to make 51 saves, but the Sabres still lost by a final score of 4-2. The Sabres, at the bottom of the Atlantic Division, have now lost four consecutive games. The Hurricanes, 13th in the Eastern Conference and six points out of a playoff spot, have a modest two-game winning streak thanks to Thursday’s result, although they’ve won only three times in their last 10 games.
But the big story on this night was Neuvirth, picked up in a late deal at last week’s trade deadline.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 19
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (63)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)