Mar 13, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
From Roman Jedlicka of Nova Sport in the Czech Republic:
Petr Nedved called it a career couple minutes ago.—
Roman Jedlicka (@jedli) March 13, 2014
Nedved, 42, hasn’t played in the NHL since 2007, but the former second overall pick (in the 1990 draft) just finished representing the Czech Republic in the Olympics.
If you missed it the first time, we wrote about Nedved’s “strange journey” last month. He’s had quite the interesting life, to say the least.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 7
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36