Mar 13, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Blue Jackets forward — and the NHL’s reigning second star of the week — Artem Anisimov is not expected to play tonight at home versus San Jose, as he is reportedly with his wife at the hospital as the couple prepares to welcome its first child to this crazy world.
“Arte’s got something more important going on right now than playing hockey,” coach Todd Richards said, per NHL.com. “We’re assuming he’s not going to be in the lineup tonight.”
Update: It’s a girl! (But he still won’t play.)
It’s a big game for Columbus, as all the team’s games will be down the stretch. The Jackets currently occupy third spot in the Metropolitan Division, but have a mere two-point cushion on playoff hopefuls Detroit and New Jersey, two teams on the outside looking in heading into tonight’s action.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 3
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25