Mar 13, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Blue Jackets forward — and the NHL’s reigning second star of the week — Artem Anisimov is not expected to play tonight at home versus San Jose, as he is reportedly with his wife at the hospital as the couple prepares to welcome its first child to this crazy world.
“Arte’s got something more important going on right now than playing hockey,” coach Todd Richards said, per NHL.com. “We’re assuming he’s not going to be in the lineup tonight.”
Update: It’s a girl! (But he still won’t play.)
It’s a big game for Columbus, as all the team’s games will be down the stretch. The Jackets currently occupy third spot in the Metropolitan Division, but have a mere two-point cushion on playoff hopefuls Detroit and New Jersey, two teams on the outside looking in heading into tonight’s action.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18