Mar 13, 2014, 1:32 AM EST
On paper, this game probably shouldn’t have been very close. And it wasn’t.
Only thing was, it was the underdog Calgary Flames that came out on the winning end of a lopsided rout over the visiting Anaheim Ducks on Wednesday. The Flames jumped out to a surprising 4-0 lead after the first and then hung on for the 7-2 victory to move 34 points back of the Ducks in the Pacific Division.
“We played like [crap]. I think every guy in the room should be completely embarrassed with how they played tonight,” said Ducks forward Andrew Cogliano, as per Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register.
Cogliano added: “Every single person … It’s ridiculous how we played tonight.”
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 35
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)