Mar 13, 2014, 1:32 AM EDT
On paper, this game probably shouldn’t have been very close. And it wasn’t.
Only thing was, it was the underdog Calgary Flames that came out on the winning end of a lopsided rout over the visiting Anaheim Ducks on Wednesday. The Flames jumped out to a surprising 4-0 lead after the first and then hung on for the 7-2 victory to move 34 points back of the Ducks in the Pacific Division.
“We played like [crap]. I think every guy in the room should be completely embarrassed with how they played tonight,” said Ducks forward Andrew Cogliano, as per Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register.
Cogliano added: “Every single person … It’s ridiculous how we played tonight.”
More Cogliano: "No offense to them but they haven't been scoring that many goals. … To give up seven is just stupid."—
Eric Stephens (@icemancometh) March 13, 2014
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 10
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)