Mar 13, 2014, 1:32 AM EDT
On paper, this game probably shouldn’t have been very close. And it wasn’t.
Only thing was, it was the underdog Calgary Flames that came out on the winning end of a lopsided rout over the visiting Anaheim Ducks on Wednesday. The Flames jumped out to a surprising 4-0 lead after the first and then hung on for the 7-2 victory to move 34 points back of the Ducks in the Pacific Division.
“We played like [crap]. I think every guy in the room should be completely embarrassed with how they played tonight,” said Ducks forward Andrew Cogliano, as per Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register.
Cogliano added: “Every single person … It’s ridiculous how we played tonight.”
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5