Mar 13, 2014, 1:32 AM EDT
On paper, this game probably shouldn’t have been very close. And it wasn’t.
Only thing was, it was the underdog Calgary Flames that came out on the winning end of a lopsided rout over the visiting Anaheim Ducks on Wednesday. The Flames jumped out to a surprising 4-0 lead after the first and then hung on for the 7-2 victory to move 34 points back of the Ducks in the Pacific Division.
“We played like [crap]. I think every guy in the room should be completely embarrassed with how they played tonight,” said Ducks forward Andrew Cogliano, as per Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register.
Cogliano added: “Every single person … It’s ridiculous how we played tonight.”
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 20
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 11
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 41
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)