Mar 13, 2014, 4:11 PM EDT
They’ve already planned their chants, like “Wang must sell” and “Snow must go.”
They’ll be wearing their jerseys inside out, and possibly paper bags on their heads.
And they don’t want anyone buying food at the game, because that only supports ownership.
Yep, this is what it’s come to on Long Island. A faction of frustrated New York Islanders fans plans to use Saturday’s home game versus the Sabres as a means to protest the “circus of an organization” it feels the once-proud NHL franchise has become.
From Isles Nation:
We are protesting the inept Isles organization and management, led by owner Charles Wang and GM Garth Snow. We are protesting the lack of progress of Garth Snow’s rebuild that has dragged out for way too long. We are protesting the lack of accountability surrounding this organization. We are protesting the constant salary of this team being at or near the NHL mandated cap floor.
The Isles, by the way, have the NHL’s worst home record, at 9-16-8.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 0
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 26
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)